The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So, wait (Possible movie spoiler and influences)

myrdinn

Long story short, but from what I understand, a fairly major character in the new movie is from Taris. Not a planet called Taris, but the planet we know from KoTOR I, II, and SWTOR. With exactly the same planetary backstory.

So... bone thrown to our shared legacy space in the infinities? Does that reestablish Revan in the Sith and Jedi histories?

Edit: and a mention of the Echani. So, Handmaiden? Dangit, where's the Exile love?

Edited by myrdinn

Long story short, but from what I understand, a fairly major character in the new movie is from Taris. Not a planet called Taris, but the planet we know from KoTOR I, II, and SWTOR. With exactly the same planetary backstory.

So... bone thrown to our shared legacy space in the infinities? Does that reestablish Revan in the Sith and Jedi histories?

Edit: and a mention of the Echani. So, Handmaiden? Dangit, where's the Exile love?

no it simply eistablishes Taris exists.

it does not make everything in KOTOR canon. it simply makes "there is a world named Taris" canon. this is hardly the first bit of lore from KOTOR to make canon though. Selkath for example are canon, due to one appering in TCW

Edited by BrianDavion

While it's looking more and more likely that Disney is at least considering making the KOTOR universe canon, it's important to remember in the meantime that canon by association doesn't exist. If it's not explicitly stated in the new books, movies, CW or Rebels, it's not canon.

no it simply eistablishes Taris exists.

it does not make everything in KOTOR canon. it simply makes "there is a world named Taris" canon. this is hardly the first bit of lore from KOTOR to make canon though. Selkath for example are canon, due to one appering in TCW

While it's looking more and more likely that Disney is at least considering making the KOTOR universe canon, it's important to remember in the meantime that canon by association doesn't exist. If it's not explicitly stated in the new books, movies, CW or Rebels, it's not canon.

Aye, I know. Dangit.

Patience is a virtue, but hearing some of the talk has me itching to breakout and find the scenes in question myself.

I am very, very interested in that lightsaber scene, now. Dangit.

And, the knowledge the closed viewings are happening tonight and tomorrow morning for press/etc. Dangit.

Annoying to be good.

However, In the clone wars there was suppose to be a scene in the "Mortis" story arc that would have featured both Darth Bane, and Revan. In fact the scene was even shot, but it never made it into the final episode (although Darth Bane was eventually made canon by appearing in the clone wars). So this means that there are people at lucasfilm who still consider Revan, and thus his story aswell, to be canon.

(Source:

)