The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sticking with a class?? How this is killing me?

jediwelham

Hey guys, I'm real stuck here all i seem to do on this game is start over and change class. i mean i think my highest level is 25, i just can't stick with one class which i really want to because i do love this game. So i guess what i want to know is What class did you pick and why? And do you have any tips to help me stick it out with one class. i love melee but suck at it and i dont really like ranged but im good at it? Thanks

Here's a suggestion: level several characters at once. Alternate between them. When you feel the itch to play a different class, switch to your character of that class. Leveling will be slower, but you may find that it helps you to get to the end of Chapter Three and into the expansions.

There's no rule that we have to play just one character at a time. :)

I started with a JC and picked Shadow for my AC, because, well, of double bladed sabres. I found it to be hard work, so I tried a Trooper, and went Commando because, um, Honking Big Gun. That worked so well for me that when they did the name purge back in the day, my Shadow lost her name because I was Preferred and hadn't played her in ages.

You have "Altitis". It's a condition where you want to create as many alts as possible to enjoy every facet of the game. I had it back in beta and again after the game launched. It's a fun game, story-wise, and you want to see where each of your characters goes. When you find a favorite, you'll go with that one to the end. That's what happened to me. :D