The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Appearance option: Aging and more detailed facial features

Yhekal

I'm so glad that I'm not the only player who wants some mature cosmetic options.

I'd love to see a pack with:

* A salt-n-pepper gray hair color.

* Other hair colors that are greying at the temples or have a grey streak.

* Older woman's hair styles (side swept bangs, cropped bob, etc.)

* Older men's hair styles (simple side part, side swept wavy, textured backswept, etc.)

* Minor facial aging lines, mostly around the eyes.

* Deeper facial aging lines on the whole face.

* A couple of interesting, semi-faded tattoos.

* A couple of minor, mostly healed scars.

* Some minor pieces of cybernetics to make up for aging, like eye upgrades.

Edited by Xina_LA

Related to this....I'd love it if they gave you an option to get one free appearance change after you're freed from carbonite in KotFE. It would make sense that, having been frozen and slowly dying for 5 years, you'd come out not looking quite the same. You could only change one thing free (hair, complexion, etc), but it would be nice to have that option without having to shell out CC. I've already spent the CC to do it on a couple of my characters (turned my SW's hair white, my Smuggler has the purplish discoloration around her eyes) and I like that it shows that they've been through quite the ordeal while they were frozen. And aged look would also work well with this, I think.

Aging for characters would be great!

Generally there is some stuff that NPCs get, that PCs don't, such as the gold details for sith purebloods. If we could get the same customization as NPCs, that would be brilliant.

I really hope that I'm not violating forum rules or anything by posting this, but:

According to the below scars and aging/wrinkles are using the one and the same slot. Please compare the below ('facial details' and 'age' slot, one is 'age_non_non_mid01_m, the other one is scar_human_non_c10_u instead).

Model with 'aging' facial features.

Model with scar facial feature. (instead of aging. This is available to players)

And, as You can see, this is already in-game. Everything is already there, ready to be used, it's just not made an option for the players, for unknown reasons.

So, if anybody would like facial features like in the link below, it should not really be a problem. The Devs should just add it as additional "scar" option in the character creation screen.

Len Parvek. A middle aged man ;)

If I am wrong, please correct me of course.

Cheers.

I don't even have to read all of this thread to /signed.

The only aging option we have now is white hair. WTH? Let me at some wrinkles (a la Senya) or some greying temples. A little salt and pepper never hurt anyone.

It's been a long, stressful time for our characters. Of course they would show a bit of age. Ever seen what happens to people after they become POTUS?

I'd like some aging options as well. I have an agent who on the Legacy Tree is the mother of another character, but they look the same age. Course, I also head-canon retconned the whole "fresh from Imperial Intelligence Training" thing on Hutta to simply "sent on a mission to ensure she is still capable of being a field agent" or "sent on another mission."

I know it's a bit of a story/gameplay segregation thing to have (for example) a Thirty-something or fifty-something as a "young acolyte sent early to Korriban" (Sith Warrior, for example), but Troopers and Agents may be fresh out of the Academy, but no one ever said if the academy students start off in the teens or if they could be put into the Academy (of their respective faction) at an older age. Bounty Hunters and Smugglers have a business of their own (Smuggler has his/her own ship, and never does anyone claim the Smuggler owes them payments on it in the game like a car payment person, FFS), and MaleBH's voice sounds older than early/mid twenties than the available character options look like.

*muttermutter*DragonAgeOrigins had Old and Wrinkle Face Complexions*muttermutter*

• 2 months later...
I've been wanting aged looks for the entirely of SWTOR existance. It's pretty silly that the supposed mother of my other character looks ten years younger than him, when she should be 50+. Could really do with some more winkled looks. Edited by Kiesu