Resolution bug since 4.0.3a

Omeros

Just patched the game. Log in... and my resolution is wonky. Everything is stretched horizontally, as if the game was using a 4:3 resolution on my 16:9 scale monitor. I've had this happen before so I knew what should work: opened the .ini file in: C:\Users\[[account]]\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

But the .ini file is correct! Native width/height, width, and height are all correctly valued! So I'm at a loss for what to do. Anyone know of a higher level fix if the .ini isn't in error? To be clear: My native resolution is 1600x900 and my .ini file has both native height and height at 900, native width and width at 1600. Yet when I load the game it appears as if it were trying to display 1400x1050.

Additional detail: My desktop resolution changes while SWTOR is running since the patch. If I tab out, all my windows are resized once I launch SWTOR and they revert after I close it.

What the heck did the patch break?

Edited by Omeros

• 1 month later...
Came back after the holidays and the resolution issues I was having were gone. Until today, now they're back for no clear reason. I have not updated Windows 10 or my video drivers in the time between when SWTOR was last working properly and this morning. The issue I'm having is exactly as described in the first post: the game is forcing a 1400x1050 display ratio on my 16:9 widescreen monitor, causing ugly stretching. My client_settings.ini file has the correct dimensions, however.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.