Lost all 'Active' abilities startin Chapter I of kotfe

finalape

My level 63 Smuggler lost all abilities once the combat portion starts of kotfe, strangely I keep all the passives. Not exactly playable.

When I leave Chapter 1 all my abilities come back, but if I go back to Chapter 1 almost all of my non-starter abilities disappear as if I am level 1.

There's a "Tutorial" mode in Chapter I that takes all of your abilities away minus 1 or 2, and then you "earn" them back as you progress through the objectives in Chapter I. I'm not exactly sure how it's supposed to be a tutorial - I tried it with my SW because I hadn't played the class in forever, and just wound up more confused than before. Make sure that isn't enabled.

If it isn't enabled, I'd say the Tutorial Mode is the part that's causing the bug, since what it does is specifically what you described, but the abilities are supposed to return to your bars as you progress.

Turn off the "tutorial mode". There was a screen that told you about it and allowed you to either check the x or checkmark. X would turn it off, check would leave it on. You might have not read it...just clicked.

Go into Prefereneces and find the "disable tutorial mode" box. Might be under like gameplay or interface or something like that.

you'll be good to go. Then go a little slower and read the prompts as they come up.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm usually careful with messages, but they popped up when combat was starting so I dismissed them. This was also a character that I've played a lot of content with and was not straight to 60, so I was note expected a strange tutorial mode to kick in on my third kotfe playthrough. Thanks.