The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What's the best book to read for Mandalorian culture?

Cedia

Karen Traviss is known for emphasizing and developing Mandalorian culture more than most other EU authors, mainly in her Republic Commando novels. Among other things, she's the one who developed the Mandalorian language - Mando'a.

She also included a good deal of Mando culture in her contributions to the Legacy of the Force series, but as she only wrote three of the nine books in that series you would kind of have to also go through the six other books (which are very light on Mando stuff) to follow hers.

Link: Traviss's Star Wars Bibliography.

Edited by DarthDymond

Karen Traviss is known for emphasizing and developing Mandalorian culture more than most other EU authors, mainly in her Republic Commando novels. Among other things, she's the one who developed the Mandalorian language - Mando'a.

She also included a good deal of Mando culture in her contributions to the Legacy of the Force series, but as she only wrote three of the nine books in that series you would kind of have to also go through the six other books (which are very light on Mando stuff) to follow hers.

Thanks! I'm not interested in reading a bunch of them, so which one would you say has the most Mandalorian stuff?

Don't forget she pushes everyone else under the bus.

Yeah, I've read that many Star Wars fans don't like her. Still, she is responsible for most of the Mandalorian lore, and that's what I'm interested in. :)

It's not that I don't like her, I'm rather indifferent really...it's just she could have done what she did without throwing other characters under the bus.