The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Canon: Who do you want to be expanded?

PadsterPwns

Isn't the first anthology film going to be "Rogue One" - featuring all new characters? It's still squarely in the era of the "Episode __" movies, don't get me wrong I do agree that's where any films are going to be focused for a long, long time, but I don't think they're all going to be in the Han Solo prequel vein.

Its not official but they the next anthology film after Han Solo is a boba fett movie, if thats true then the next will probably be a Kenobi anthology although that one i do want and please give us a final showdown between Kenobi and maul. Ill love it regardless but i do not want a Han or boba fett movie

I both want and fear for them to have Darth Bane expanded on. I also want to see them do Darth Ruin because we still know next to nothing on the guy.

Yes because in George Lucas' mind Darth Ruin was the first sith, who was a fallen jedi. His story could be the new canon's equivalent to the Darth Bane stories

Yes but it in the end they made Maleficant more of a anti hero who was sad because a man done her wrong and she ended up not so bad,

It is correct they made her an anti-hero, which is why I hated that movie. However Maleficent is a villain, and Disney made her the star of her own film, making your point wrong that Disney won't make a film starring a villain.

I've talked to a couple of people I know who are casual movie watchers, moms, etc. They couldn't tell Maleficent was an anti-hero. They still thought she was a villain. To them, it was a movie about a villain.

Bane is the personification of the dark side, there's no happy ending in a Bane film.

Completely irrelevant to Disney making a movie about him.

Yeah they are going back to Anakin/Kenobi...in a comic i was talking about movies being based off other eras, the OT and ST will be the main focus for the next decade probably.

As it will be for a while. The prequel era has had more exploration on film than the OT era. Aside from that, PT era characters are alive and well in the Rebels cartoon, and Disney Infinity has an entire playset dedicated to the Prequel era.

Complaining about Disney not making any prequel era films, etc right now is just that...unmitigated whining and complaining since Disney's first movie isn't even out yet.

When every anthology film is going to be about a younger version of an already loved and known character...

Incorrect again. Rogue One is new characters. If the next two anthology films are Han and Boba...good. They're both more popular than any character from the prequels. That's smart financially and it's better for a majority of the fans.

It's a win/win.

Edited by CaulderBenson

It is correct they made her an anti-hero, which is why I hated that movie. However Maleficent is a villain, and Disney made her the star of her own film, making your point wrong that Disney won't make a film starring a villain.

I've talked to a couple of people I know who are casual movie watchers, moms, etc. They couldn't tell Maleficent was an anti-hero. They still thought she was a villain. To them, it was a movie about a villain.

Completely irrelevant to Disney making a movie about him.

As it will be for a while. The prequel era has had more exploration on film than the OT era. Aside from that, PT era characters are alive and well in the Rebels cartoon, and Disney Infinity has an entire playset dedicated to the Prequel era.

Complaining about Disney not making any prequel era films, etc right now is just that...unmitigated whining and complaining since Disney's first movie isn't even out yet.

Incorrect again. Rogue One is new characters. If the next two anthology films are Han and Boba...good. They're both more popular than any character from the prequels. That's smart financially and it's better for a majority of the fans.

It's a win/win.

Well anyway i still don't see a Bane movie happening if they do they will have to get a big name actor to play him to draw the crowd attention, because other than the more avid SW fans everyone else will be like "Who the hell is Darth Bane?". Darth Bane a sith lord who killed children in front of their father just get a buzz from the darkside not a fairy who's attitude is likened to an obsessed ex-girlfriend. (in case you was wondering i hate what that movie did to one of the best disney/fairy tale villains ever...)

Also i know all about Rogue Squadron and its new characters. The way i posted it made me seem like we arent going to get new characters, but what i was trying to get at was the MOVIES are not going to deviate from the previous 6 films timeline for a long time.

Also i am not whining about the new content i said in the post im just as excited for the Han and Boba movies as anyone. Do i want them instead of new material? No. But i am grateful we are getting movies non-theless.

And i know they will expand in comics and games. But i do not see them expanding in the movies.

But i know being financially successful is more important than what i want to see in the films but they will take baby steps...but personally if they were to tell the original kotor story on film i think the story and character dynamic will appeal to the film only fans just as much as the original movies..i mean you cant get worse than how the PT was executed (note i am not bashing the story..but we can all agree it couldve been executed better).

Spoiler for Aftermath.

I want to know who "The Admiral" is from the epilogue of the book on the bridge of the Super Star Destroyer The Ravager. He is given no physical description beside he is male. Is he Thrawn? Is he Snoke? Is he Jar Jar?