Companions need to differ

jstankaroslo

lol yes and they all to a degree have the exact same skills and animations depending on weapon.. why even have them just make them all gsi driods.... and most you cant even equip after kofe and who ever designed the new ones needs to learn to pick cloths out and or paint... as

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard rumours from at least two posters that companions used to be all-role-capable, and they then fixed the roles to one per companion (back then, tanks were ranged and melee, as were dps), and now they brought back the all-roles functionality, does any player from the beginning know if this is true or not?

I can't speak to beta test or pre-launch but at launch the companions always had a singular role. If you needed a tank you pulled out X and if you needed DPS, you pulled out Y or Z and heals you pulled out A. Now, the game for the most part wasn't so difficult that you HAD to pick and choose specific companions all the time - I could keep out a favorite (which might be DPS, e.g., Jaessa, and on rare occasions when I had no choice, pull out Malavi the traitor to heal me). At least now, I can have Jaessa heal or DPS so I don't have to pull out Quinn.

Not being able to customize the new KotFE companions is a terrible, awful, no good, very bad decision

I ran a test using the item "preview" feature. I was able to preview Lana with the Exarch armor chest piece (drops from Alderaan SF Heroic 2+) but when previewing the relaxed uniform chest piece I only saw two small patches on her chest. Might be a modelling issue or a coding issue. My personal suspicion is that it's some technical limitation that they needed to put in place for the new KoFTE cut scenes. I have to agree that it's a terrible decision (either to not to allow the customization or to decide NOT to fix the "bug" that prevents them from being customized).

I ran a test using the item "preview" feature. I was able to preview Lana with the Exarch armor chest piece (drops from Alderaan SF Heroic 2+) but when previewing the relaxed uniform chest piece I only saw two small patches on her chest. Might be a modelling issue or a coding issue. My personal suspicion is that it's some technical limitation that they needed to put in place for the new KoFTE cut scenes. I have to agree that it's a terrible decision (either to not to allow the customization or to decide NOT to fix the "bug" that prevents them from being customized).

It's probably a tech reason to do with the new cutscenes. I suspect they are mostly/entirely pre-rendered save for the player.. Cuts down on glitches, but...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.