The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard/Powertech Tanks need a buff.

Trevor_the_Bruce

ThIS 2 discipline could use some love. Like....a severe case of needing it. They are the worst tank since 4.0 hit and I main a Vangaurd Tank and it feels like I have almost no effect at all vs all the rampant tech and force attacks. Adrenaline Rush is kind of a joke at this point. It used to be decent...but now its pretty much a wasted DCD since the rate it heals and the amount it heals is very small compared to the increased damage output 4.0 brings. vanguard/powertech tanks need to catch up to the other classes powercreep. It just isn't fun anymore to play my Vanguard Tank. It used to be great and I used to be able to keep up with all the other classes. Storm used to be unique to them only and it made it so they had a unique roll in huttball. But now they just don't seem anywhere near as good. I main a Vanguard Tank and the following would help a ton!

-A skill that is added in the dicipline tree for tank specs that would make their shielding absorb tech and force damage also.

-A skill in the discipline tree that would double, maybe even tripple, the amount that Adrenaline Rush currently heals you for. It does about 850 heal per each tick and it just isn't enough to survive the burst of 1 or 2 dps hammering you. Also this skill could increase the limit to which AR heals you to 50% of your HP.

These two things would help Vanguard tanks a ton and maybe they would see some more play competitively.

I hope this helps. I love playing this game and I love pvp. I just feel that this discipline could use some love after 4.0 and this discipline on both pub/imp side seem to need it the most to keep up with the other similar disciplines in other classes.

ThIS 2 discipline could use some love. Like....a severe case of needing it. They are the worst tank since 4.0 hit and I main a Vangaurd Tank and it feels like I have almost no effect at all vs all the rampant tech and force attacks. Adrenaline Rush is kind of a joke at this point. It used to be decent...but now its pretty much a wasted DCD since the rate it heals and the amount it heals is very small compared to the increased damage output 4.0 brings. vanguard/powertech tanks need to catch up to the other classes powercreep. It just isn't fun anymore to play my Vanguard Tank. It used to be great and I used to be able to keep up with all the other classes. Storm used to be unique to them only and it made it so they had a unique roll in huttball. But now they just don't seem anywhere near as good. I main a Vanguard Tank and the following would help a ton!

-A skill that is added in the dicipline tree for tank specs that would make their shielding absorb tech and force damage also.

-A skill in the discipline tree that would double, maybe even tripple, the amount that Adrenaline Rush currently heals you for. It does about 850 heal per each tick and it just isn't enough to survive the burst of 1 or 2 dps hammering you. Also this skill could increase the limit to which AR heals you to 50% of your HP.

These two things would help Vanguard tanks a ton and maybe they would see some more play competitively.

I hope this helps. I love playing this game and I love pvp. I just feel that this discipline could use some love after 4.0 and this discipline on both pub/imp side seem to need it the most to keep up with the other similar disciplines in other classes.

I agree Kolto Overload/AR is currently under powered due to the amount of damage every class can dish out. 1v1 though, it is still viable.

The interesting part is the nature of how this skill works. I think the philosophy of this skill is to be PT/Vang "hard stop" to taking damage (like sorc bubble, sin shroud, mara reduce 99%, etc.), but through a different mechanic = spamming heals for 800+ to keep you topped off at a max of 40%. Unfortunately, with the amount of damage now, it doesn't really work function all that well anymore.

The heals per second on this skill needs to be buffed, but not significantly; otherwise it'll become a 'complete' hard stop to damage. That, or reduce the CD to 120 seconds b/c 3 minutes is too long (Sorc God Bubble is on a 3 minute cooldown... just an FYI).

Edited by Kaytrine