Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Legendary Armor Tokens

Girmor

Hi!

I saw that some of you want to get somehow "Centurion" and "Kell Dragon" sets.

I've got an idea: Legendary Armor Tokens. If you play Nightmare or Highlighted Hard Mode Operation, you've got a chance to get a special token (for example chestplate from Dread Council, like operation tokens) that you can change for armor (Bound to Legacy) at fleet vendor.

What do you think?

Whitch sets except "Centurion" and "Kell Dragon" do you want get?

And sorry for my writing if i made a mistake :)

Girmor

Hi!

I saw that some of you want to get somehow "Centurion" and "Kell Dragon" sets.

I've got an idea: Legendary Armor Tokens. If you play Nightmare or Highlighted Hard Mode Operation, you've got a chance to get a special token (for example chestplate from Dread Council, like operation tokens) that you can change for armor (Bound to Legacy) at fleet vendor.

What do you think?

Whitch sets except "Centurion" and "Kell Dragon" do you want get?

And sorry for my writing if i made a mistake :)

Girmor

So you're proposing armor sets that are only available to those that run HM or NiM OPS? No thanks. If gear is made avaiable in the game, it should be available to all, not gated by content. That's as absurd as gating companions with required PVP.

So you're proposing armor sets that are only available to those that run HM or NiM OPS? No thanks. If gear is made avaiable in the game, it should be available to all, not gated by content. That's as absurd as gating companions with required PVP.

If these items are only available for completing ops, perhaps. Consider it a sort of reward for success at high levels of difficulty. (Especially if the content doesn't work with a group of 7 carrying an eighth member who is just there for the gear, and isn't a good enough player to pull his weight.)

And I've heard rumours about companions only available for people who do PvP, but I haven't seen any sign of it in-game. I just went and collected the companion in question. (I mentioned having 4X in guild chat, and everyone was all "wow, you did the PvP for him?" when in fact, of course, they had forgotten I'm a trooper...)

Why anything should be available for everyone? Why should anyone get something without any contribution? Should BW make an 'I win' button that grants every title, achievement, BiS gear that has 100% immunity to everything? That would be helluva game...

On response to OP. That would be nice to see the older gear make a return. The Kell Dragon sorc gear was really cool in particular. My fav is/was the Dread Master gear for the warrior class. Resurrected looked nice as well but I wasn't fond of the Revanite. And the new ones are just ugly AF.

Why anything should be available for everyone? Why should anyone get something without any contribution? Should BW make an 'I win' button that grants every title, achievement, BiS gear that has 100% immunity to everything? That would be helluva game...

On response to OP. That would be nice to see the older gear make a return. The Kell Dragon sorc gear was really cool in particular. My fav is/was the Dread Master gear for the warrior class. Resurrected looked nice as well but I wasn't fond of the Revanite. And the new ones are just ugly AF.

Would you be as enthusiastic if these sets were only available to PVPers with max valor? You may think that "I'm a special snowflake" armor sets should be limited to only your group, but in a better world, they would be available for all to enjoy. FFS you raiders are already the only ones with access to 224 gear and high level crafting materials. What more preferential treatment do you want?

Would you be as enthusiastic if these sets were only available to PVPers with max valor? You may think that "I'm a special snowflake" armor sets should be limited to only your group, but in a better world, they would be available for all to enjoy. FFS you raiders are already the only ones with access to 224 gear and high level crafting materials. What more preferential treatment do you want?

I've never run a current nightmare operation and I have no character with max valor, but I wouldn't mind if there were armor sets gated that way. And while we're at it, let's throw in another one for something GSF related! I'm never going to get any of them, but I still think it's a GOOD THING to give people a special reward who invest the effort to take aspects of the game to the highest.

Edited by gblXsw

I think it's fine as long as it is unique versions rather than entirely unique armor, and then perhaps even have a unique version for each game aspect (Ops, PvP, GSF, Conquest?, Crafting?) so everyone has a shot at getting at least one of the versions.

Example:

Ops: Blue light effect (current Kell Dragon)

PvP: Kell Dragon but with Orange/fire effect

GSF: Red effect

Conquest: Green effect

Crafting: Yellow effect

Edited by MFollin

You bet I would! You see getting to max valor can be fun. I'm not against PVP.

I've never run a current nightmare operation and I have no character with max valor, but I wouldn't mind if there were armor sets gated that way. And while we're at it, let's throw in another one for something GSF related! I'm never going to get any of them, but I still think it's a GOOD THING to give people a special reward who invest the effort to take aspects of the game to the highest.

This.

I think it's fine as long as it is unique versions rather than entirely unique armor, and then perhaps even have a unique version for each game aspect (Ops, PvP, GSF, Conquest?, Crafting?) so everyone has a shot at getting at least one of the versions.

Example:

Ops: Blue light effect (current Kell Dragon)

PvP: Kell Dragon but with Orange/fire effect

GSF: Red effect

Conquest: Green effect

Crafting: Yellow effect

Totally cool idea.

I see you've got many ideas and you really want them return. But still i think about Conquest reward... It will be a "Token roll" or achievement reward? But something new in Conquest will be a good change, i guess that mobilize people to doing it more often (But with Repetable Crafting it will be very easy *sigh*). Token from GSF? I'm playing this long time and something new except achievements and fleet comms will be great :D This is brilliant idea.

About Centurion gear, i was looking for crafter, who can make one armor piece, for example, Centurion Force-Master Vestments (You can check "TOR Fashion" site), and there was no one. Olny Battlemasters/Survivors sets can be made right now. I hope these sets can be somehow restore back, i mean as the Tokens from NiM/Highlighted HM's Operations.

"How about give them back, but put to CM?" NOPE

"Maybe make new Packs with them as the prize?" Certainly not!

So that's why the best idea for their return is "Legendary Armor Tokens".

Dear Developers and Players, what do you propose? Do you have other ideas? More suggestions? Please comment, discuss about it :)

cheers, Girmor

Maybe Centurion is bad idea... I think these pieces should be accesibble at "Our sponsor Giradda the Hutt" for 100 Valor and A LOT Ranked comms, for limited time.

Veterans PvPers maybe will not be so hurt, they can buy some missing pieces by the way...

But there are other players, they're not very very long in game, but they playing Warzones very often and they perhaps want get this gear. How can they get the Armor? At Giradda? From achievements? Probably NOT Tokens, if you got problem with this. Do you have other ideas for Centurion gear? Bring it back or leave in deep box with the inscription: "Don't touch! Old stuff."?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.