Flashpoints and Story Question

erogroth

So I am playing through for the first time. I have finished most of the 1.0 content at this point and have not started on Hutt Cartel yet. I am wanting to be a bit of a complishinist and see as much of the story as I can. I know I won't be able to do operations easily outside the guild and that is fine. I will get to them. As for as flashpoints go I see many can be done solo which I have done a few of and some require a group.

I have also noticed that some of the flashpoints seed you into them for the first time with a purple mission marker and that leads you into the solo mode. I take it these flashpoints are more part of the main story arc where others are more of a minor side thing. For instance Boarding Party and the Foundry seem to be more part of the overall story arch where as Hammer Station is just something you can do.

My question is, what Flashpoints would fall into the category of "part of the overall story" I at the very least want to go solo those for the story. Then in the future when I queue for them I can spacebar through and not hold the group up. Thanks.

The ones that are really story related and have actual story arcs would be Black Talon, Boarding Party and Foundry, Directive 7, Battle of Ilum and False Emperor. For the major storylines anyway. I'm addition, Kaon Under Siege and Lost Island have their own story arc as well. That's the pre 2.0 content anyway, and until the flashpoints in the prelude to shadow of Revan, the others in 2.0 were filler ones like Hammer Station as you said.

That's all the immediately upcoming stuff for you based on where you are but doesn't include the earlier operations.

Cool! Thanks. Thats what I was figuring. I ran Battle of Illum and False Emperor last night as well as Boarding Party. I plan to do the Foundry today. I did Black Talon a while ago. The rest I can just leave for randoms then as they don't effect the main story. I do plan to do Kaon Under Siege and Lost Island as well.

It would be nice to do the operations in some order but thats just not going to happen. I am sure I will get a chance to run them all at some point with my guild though.

Thanks again!