Best companion for World PVP ?

Windriderr

I'm about to turn 40 and thinking about pimping out Doc with full pvp set. Is he our best pvp companion?

The other day I was exploring the open world PvP zone in Tatooine with my lvl 40 sentinel and Doc when a bunch of lvl 20 and 30s jumped me. They couldn't even drop my HP bar to 98% lol which was kinda surprising given how a low lvl player can take out a higher player with no problems in WZ (due to the massive boost).

They turned on Doc but not before I had finished off all of them. I think they dropped his HP bar to 70%.

Point is, having a healer as companion is fun!

Definitely fun, however, if you're going to do any serious world pvp, there is no replacement for having real people assisting you, communicating with each other tactically and having victory beers when you wipe the opposing forces.

Still, even though I agree with you, why not use companions? You + your companion + your friend + his companion is better then just you and your friend. I would even suggest to splitting in groups of 2 players to have the max number of companions out. As much of a miniscule help they might be, they still add to your power in PvP.

Edited by Dvergar

Good question really.

Kira gets ignored. And puts out a good amount of damage. I kited a gunslinger once, while kira was just beating on him. Even with her dropping target periodically, she took him to 50% by herself.

She is about 50% internal damage, 50% melee damage. Has a masterstrike move. and you can have her pop the +crit chance for strong burst. This combined with stasis is pretty beefy.

Conversely, you send kira onto THEIR healer, and she will straight up murder them.

Doc's healing is obvious. But they will see it, and turn on him. But even a single heal goes a long way with a sents def cooldowns.

Edited by MBirkhofer

i have been wondering the same thing. it seems every fight both people have a healing companion and it often comes down to which comp is better geared. i had some success with doc and just focusing on the other guy's healer til it was down, then attacking the enemy PC with doc able to focus on healing me.

i don't think it's necessary to give doc full pvp gear, you can outfit him relatively cheaply from the AH for a similar result.

haven't tried any open world pvp with another companion as i have not kept up with their gear since i got doc.