Why do you keep screwing with companions and crew skills?

LeeLoou

To EA/Bioware, What is the point of maxing out a crew skill when that does nothing to help get good results when running missions? I now have to max out influence with my companions as well in order to get good results from missions. It is 10x harder to max influence on companions than it is to run missions or level crew skills as I level my character so whats the deal? Why are you making crew skills so dependent on companion influence? And if you want to go that route then do away with the crew skill levels and base it all on influence. You are really screwing with crafting in this game, as pointless as it is anyway, but now you are making it that much harder to do it well. I finally come back to the game and actually start to enjoy it and then you go and screw with it again and now its just another nail in the coffin that makes me want to quit again.

It's not harder to do well. Even before 4.0 affection ascertained higher crafting effectivity. That cap was at r10. Now there are 50 ranks, and if you stay at rank 10 it's all as before.

It's way easier to be an efficient crafter now than it was before.

It's not harder to do well. Even before 4.0 affection ascertained higher crafting effectivity. That cap was at r10. Now there are 50 ranks, and if you stay at rank 10 it's all as before.

It's way easier to be an efficient crafter now than it was before.

So how is it easier now? I have maxed crew skills and companions with 20+ influence level and in over 100 rich/bountiful slicing missions I have yet to get a single adaptive circuitry? So not only did I spend hundreds of thousands of credits running missions and buying scems to max my toon, now they make it dependant on companion influence and took away some of the items I was able to craft. So now I have to continue to spend hundreds of thousands of credits to continue to run missions and spend all my data crystals to buy companion gifts to try and get enough influence to be able to slice well enough to get the resources I need! They also make me run fabrications to make sub components now, that is just an additional time suck. Ya, they made things easier alright!

So how is it easier now? I have maxed crew skills and companions with 20+ influence level and in over 100 rich/bountiful slicing missions I have yet to get a single adaptive circuitry? So not only did I spend hundreds of thousands of credits running missions and buying scems to max my toon, now they make it dependant on companion influence and took away some of the items I was able to craft. So now I have to continue to spend hundreds of thousands of credits to continue to run missions and spend all my data crystals to buy companion gifts to try and get enough influence to be able to slice well enough to get the resources I need! They also make me run fabrications to make sub components now, that is just an additional time suck. Ya, they made things easier alright!

It seems like Biofail wants to force players to now participate in Conquest (as worthless as it is...ohhh goodie my guild conquers all worlds and I get an Achievement!!! Wow thanks...about as fun as getting underwear for Christmas) so that you can get Jawa Junk to buy your rare (purple) crafting mats like adaptive circuits and such.

before 4.0 didn't you have ONE crew member with +5% crit and + 10% for max affection + 1,2 or 3% from the legacy of crafting - giving extra crits to augment crafted gear.

- But depending on your chosen crewskills, it might not match the +5% your 1 companion got.

e.g. Corso Riggs was +5% armstech - so no good for Sythweaving for instance.

+ possibly a droid chip for ships droid for +5% - though not all skills.

NOW you can have SIX crew members at influence /2 crit rate - so 25% max. + several to choose from for PvE content.

- Besides at rank 50 influence, they burn through missions very quickly, letting you cycle through all available missions on CD - rather than logging out or waiting ages.

You only have to do heroics for boxes which yield companion gifts as a reward - or trade in common data crystals for the exact reward your companion deems favourite.....Or even spend the credits on gifts on the GTN - Easy peasy.

And you can chop and change gathering skills easily- coz you gan gather grade 8 mats on endgame planets and level up the skill at the same time.

Maybe it's just me, but I think in that respect, post 4.0 -it's better.

EDIT: Run the rich /bountiful slicing missions and sell /use the Biocell memory cores.

Or run other content for the credits and buy ACs only 2 heroics + bonus is approx. = 1 Adaptive circuitry cost.

Or do the conquest for purple jawa junk.

Or Buy the 500 rating slicing missions which guarantee the purple mats.

OR run around yavin slicing nodes and doing dailies and use the cash to buy what you need.

OR buy hypercrates for CCs and sell contents or crates for millions.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Each influence level you companion gets, they receive +50 presence, +1.5% time efficiency for missions, and +0.5% mission critical chance. At level 10 you companion will have the +15% efficiency and +5% critical chance that only (maybe) 1 companion had base (either efficiency or crit, not both) before and you had to pick crew skills based on what companions gave which bonuses. You can get every companion to i10 easily just by buying 70 rank 1 green gifts from the fleet vendor for a total of 14K (more if you don't have the legacy gift perk). I have my slicing companions at 30 and crit pretty often.

The new system is designed to be much better than the previous system... I'm surprised people aren't complaining about how broken it is considering the backlash for jawa junk from slots and the "OP companions in combat" issues.

I personally find the conquest and stronghold systems as a waste of resources, but they are pretty much pushing you to do conquest trash to get alot of materials for crafting, i wouldn't be surprised if they make something to push us to use strongholds, the legacy storage is not worth anything, you can just mail the stuff, its 5cr per mail.....oh big whoop.

I personally abandoned crafting entirely since 4.0 changes, the looks of the gear is just dumb......imagine, you are a trooper or bounty hunter, crafting gear and you are going to be dps, you are expected to look like a smuggler / imperial agent, the trooper/bounty hunter looking gear is for tanks.

Really, really stupid.

When it comes to the companion system, to get to rank 20 (which i prefer my companions at, give good enough results) it takes 16 rank 6 legendary gifts to get to 20, assuming you have the legacy perks for the bonus points for gift giving, but when i am level 65 and got 208 at the very least, i plan to use every common data crystal i have to get rank 6 legendary gifts to get my companions capped in influence.