Returning after 2 years! Please, I need some quick help!

Ishagu

Guys, I saw the trailers and some reviews of the new expansion, and I really wanted to return!

I have 2 characters, a level 50 Jedi Guardian and a level 55 Sith Marauder. Would it be better for me to start a fresh character on the new DLC? I kind of want to make a new Jedi Guardian, new name and re-designed looks for the new story, and experience the companion stories again. Is this a good move?

Also, are the Datacrons Legacy bound now? I found all of the original datacrons on both the Republic and Empire side, and also got the one on the Fleet. I really don't want to go trough that again! lol.

Also, is it correct that if I start on the new expansion, the old quests will be locked? (I'm ok with this, I ant a less cluttered log)

If you want to redo the companion stories you will need to start from level 1, as they are locked out if you start at 60

Datacrons are legacy now - you will need to log the characters that have them in once for the legacy to update

Edited by GythralSWTOR

Option 1:

Since you've subbed, you could just create an instant 60, skip all the "old" stuff, and jump right in on KotFE. In addition to being level 60, you'll also have a full set of maxed crew skills. But you'll miss out on the Class story, and all your companion stories, and won't be able to go back and pick them up later (on the instant 60).

Option 2:

KotFE ("the new DLC") starts at level 60. Your old characters are close to 60 already, so if you want, you could just pick up where you left off with your old characters, and level them up to 60 and then start on KotFE.

Option 3:

I personally would favor the reroll and play through from level 1 approach, to refresh your memory on the story, and (re)learn the abilities and mechanics for your class/spec. This also might be a better way to go for your ideas regarding new name and looks for a Jedi Guardian character.

Option 4:

If you buy enough character slot unlocks, you can have up to 40 characters on a single server, so you could easily do all of the above.