Companions as Decorations in Strongholds still not fixed completely

Shayddow

The companions I have in my stronghold, <i'm just going to go thru my JK for brevity sake> still have issues, although they are no longer showing up as holograms - thank you!

My pre-KOTFE <the companions unlocked from the terminal> are fine. Scourge, Kira and Doc all show up how I have them outfitted.

Droids - T7 and HK-51: neither one shows up with their customizations.

New comps seem to be all right - Lana shows up fine.

Comps that I have recruited that were <otherclass> former companions do not show properly how I have them outfitted.

Yuun shows up, but not in a generic outfit, or in the clothes I put him in. He shows up in his underwear. I outfitted him, I don't think he should have to bear the indignity of standing around in his drawers!

I'm getting something similar.

My pre-KoTFE companions (Vette, Quinn, Jaesa and Broonmark) are all fine, but every pre-KoTFE companion I've gotten from alliance missions (Yuun, Talos, Xalek, and even Pierce from my own crew) has turned up naked when placed in my Stronghold.

After putting so much effort into assembling outfits for my companions, I'd at least like to show them off in my SH. Sadly that's impossible due to this bug.

Some acknowledgement from Bioware on whether or not this issue is being looked into would be good. I know its not the most pressing one right now, but its still something that needs addressing.

Further Research: by Jedi Knight character <has gone thru KOTFE>

Yuun as stronghold decoration:

Appears in his boxers when I have another companion out.

Appears in non-hologram form when I have Yuun out, although dressed how my trooper has him.

Qyzen as stronghold decoration:

Fixed, appears in gear I gave him as JK.

Note: I did Qyzens quest with JK subsequent to 4.02 patch, and before 4.02 patch with Trooper. He appears correctly with both.

Yuun By Trooper character: <has gone thru KOTFE>

Appears almost correctly in SH - is missing his pants <same as he was returned to me before going thru KOTFE, after 4.0 hit>. I tried picking him up and replacing him - complete with pants. While SH was in edit mode, he appeared in holographic form <with that companion summoned> - with his pants on! - but as soon as I took it off edit mode, he was pantsless once more.

Please give Yuun his PANTS!

T7-01 : appears without customization as seen in KOTFE.

And yet more:

as seen by my RT:

Talos appears correctly in gear I gave him, and as a hologram when I summon this companion.

Xalek: appears in his underwear, and when I summon this companion he appears RED like an enemy NPC. In my stronghold <owned by my BH - but is categorized as galactic, non-factional>

I haven't checked to see what happens if he kills himself. Yet.

Edited by Shayddow

Noticed the same thing today with my Commando.

Tried decorating some of my Strongholds by placing Yuun and Xalek--they were in their trunks...no gear or customizations. When I use them as companions, both are in their KOTFE gear...so, part of me wonders if its the new gear for the old companies...

Also, I guess as a funny bug, with Xalek as a companion the Xalek decoration doesn't turn into a holo, it becomes attackable, kinda like the M1 on Odessen...

Basically, again, as a Commando just trying to put my pre-KOTFE SH back the way it was...non-recruitable story/commando companions are holos in their Yavin/Rishi Devoted Allies Companion gear (Aric, Elara, and Tanno--that's fine--and cool to see as a holo over their default outfits as a holo), M1/Treek/C2/HK/Nico are fine, and Yuun is in trunks -_-

Edited by absolutetristan

And... I had to....

:defeated Xalek with hammer shot <315 damage> . 1 hit.

poor Xalek.....

by the way, when he appears red, he appears in the outfit he had on in Ilum, not the outfit I dressed him in< he as red NPC is wearing lower robe, I have him in pants>

Additional note - Dr Lokin SH decoration appears correctly - and as a hologram when summoned. Checked with both pub and imp toons, he's working correctly.

Treek appears as a hologram regardless if summoned , although perhaps because this is with a pub toon.

Checking with IMP toon - she appears properly

HK-51 -companion still does not appear with proper companion modifications for character playing. Neither Imp nor pub.

Xalek still in his underwear with IA character, and the decoration Xalek is in his Ilum outfit when I summon him as character , although I have him in different clothes. He no longer appears as enemy RED, but is green like a "friendly" npc.

FOUND A FIX!

This worked for me today.

Alright, so, what you need to do to start off with is place your clothes-shy companion in your Stronghold.

After that, summon them using the companion window. Wait until your companion has been summoned and says their summoning dialogue line.

At this point, your companion should be standing next to you, and a hologram should be on the hook you placed them on in your stronghold.

Finally, dismiss your companion. When they reappear in your Stronghold, they should be fully clothed and wearing the outfit you've given them.

Hope this helps some of you. Its not an ideal fix, but its better than nothing.

This is a very annoying bug.... all that talk about being able to gear up companions in any gear you want.... just as long as you don't place them in your SH.

Can we get a fix please? Or at least a confirmation that you are looking into it??

Tried it, it did not work for Trooper with Yuun., he is still pantsless.

Tried it with JK, he is now clothed but not in the outfit the JK has him in.

Yeah... Yuun sure is one stubborn nudist son of a bug. He's the only one still gearless. Worst case scenario I'll put him in the Med Bay like he's getting a check up.