The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cross guard lightsaber

Rixxen

So yeah, I'm hoping that this makes to to the market for the movie release, not in a pack, just by itself.

I hope not. The very idea of a crossguard lightsabre is diabolically stupid.

On real metal swords, the crossguard (or whatever form the guard takes) serves to stop the wielder's own hand slipping onto the blade - suddenly severing your own fingers, or at least the tendons in your palm, is going to put an embarrassing sort of end to a fight. If you extend that theory to a lightsabre, there should indeed be a guard, but probably a circular metal / plastisteel / etc. one like a katana has. Using a pair of miniature LS blades is just asking to cut your hand in half.

Now maybe we can put a stake in the heart of that idea, please. (And the heart of whoever thought it up for the films!)

I hope not. The very idea of a crossguard lightsabre is diabolically stupid.

On real metal swords, the crossguard (or whatever form the guard takes) serves to stop the wielder's own hand slipping onto the blade - suddenly severing your own fingers, or at least the tendons in your palm, is going to put an embarrassing sort of end to a fight. If you extend that theory to a lightsabre, there should indeed be a guard, but probably a circular metal / plastisteel / etc. one like a katana has. Using a pair of miniature LS blades is just asking to cut your hand in half.

Now maybe we can put a stake in the heart of that idea, please. (And the heart of whoever thought it up for the films!)

The double-bladed lightsaber is far more impractical than the cross-guard saber. They'll find a way to make the cross-guard work.

On topic, I doubt they'll add it in the game.

Edited by that_Spartan_IV

The double-bladed lightsaber is far more impractical than the cross-guard saber. They'll find a way to make the cross-guard work.

On topic, I doubt they'll add it in the game.

I agree that the DBL is more than a little impractical, but we can imagine ways of fighting with it without severing our own feet or head. Most of those ways aren't compatible with fighting in the middle of a bunch of friends, because the DBL will sever them just as easily as it will sever enemies.

They have cross guard lightsabers, but it is ametal/hilt cross guard, not a "laser" one.

I think they have waht.....5-6 differnt guarded and cross guarded sabers...........

The OP is talking about the ones like in the film trailers, where the crossguard is a pair of miniature laser blades. A singularly stupid idea, given what guards on swords are for.

So yeah, I'm hoping that this makes to to the market for the movie release, not in a pack, just by itself.

:NO: we don't need that **** here. Let disney build all the crap they want on their stupid new movies but don't bring it to SWTOR. Now let this thread die, a better suggestion like bassically any other I've seen aside from this one could be using this space.