Bug - Unable to Progress in Companion Storylines (Pre-KotFE)

Mythago

Character: Mutiple

Class: All tested (Sith Warrior, Imperial Agent, Republic Trooper)

Faction: Both

Companion: Multiple (Pierce, Broonmark, Vector, Tano Vik)

Mission: Companion Storyline

Bug Type: Game Breaking

Issue: Unable to progress in companion storyline for pre-KotFE companions since patch 4.0.2a. Companions that do not have completed storylines offer a conversation option but after completing conversation will not offer any further conversation options. This is affecting multiple companions on multiple classes on both factions. The problem affects both companions that have the legacy unlock for completing the conversation chain on another character and companions that are at various points in the conversation chain for the first time. Additionally this affects characters of which I have multiples of the same base class or characters that are the only one of that base class. The issue is not resolved by refreshing UI, changing locations, summoning companion or logging out of system. As characters must complete companion storylines prior to starting expansion content, characters affected are either gate locked from new content or will have a significant loss of influence and experience from not completing the companion stories.

This is a game-breaking bug for me. :(

I want to keep playing (just finished Chapter 2 on my Jedi Consular), but I'm scared this bug might break something in companion romance story (like not being to complete the romance and/or it not being recognized in expansions). And since Customer Support is completely useless and closing any tickets not directly relating to personal class missions, I don't want to risk being stuck with a screwed up story state, and so am going to have to put the game on hold until the problem is worked out. Please fix asap...

I can confirm this worked for me. Thanks!

Be aware there are reports saying doing this could break romance storyline progression.

Edited by Styxian

• 3 weeks later...