Nothing you can do about the Ninja Looters...

digimass

I think the ninja thing that has been happening on shadowlands is that a boss will get to 5% or so in an op and the group leader switches to master looter, takes everything and quits the game. Heard of it several times yesterday and the person(s) were doing it on various bosses in the targeted hm to quickly get 224 gear. Basically, someone sets up an ops group for whatever instance then master loots and leaves after getting to the boss that drops the loot they want.

I've played tabletop RPG's for about 35 years, no one around any table I've played at has ever rolled for loot and taken gear over someone else who desires it..

Rolling for loot is purely a gaming mechanism introduced in multi-player video games.

Nobody in my groups had to do that either, though I've seen it done as a standard in a couple of gaming shops I used to frequent.

Between friends that aren't going to screw eachother over, it's never an issue. Certainly never anything I've had to do at my own gaming table before.

WoW has personal loot,

DDO has it as well.

I think the ninja thing that has been happening on shadowlands is that a boss will get to 5% or so in an op and the group leader switches to master looter, takes everything and quits the game. Heard of it several times yesterday and the person(s) were doing it on various bosses in the targeted hm to quickly get 224 gear. Basically, someone sets up an ops group for whatever instance then master loots and leaves after getting to the boss that drops the loot they want.

Sounds horrible.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I've never seen that. Who does it? Spread his name around.

Edited by Phyreblade

You think I'm a ninja? Do you get all your exercise jumping to conclusions? I don't run Ops and main FP bosses have individual loot tables. So even if I wanted to be one, I wouldn't be able to.

I don't care what you are and I jump to any conclusion I please. Don't like it, watch what comes out of your mouth. THat line you just spit on this forum is the typical trash that comes out of these peoples mouth when you confront them. It doesn't have to be "rolling for loot" as mentioned earlier in this thread. It can also be just a random button you are fighting for and some random loser comes and pushes it while you are fighting the mobs.