Marauders need major survivability buff

urcoconuts

Playing in voss and corellia i find myself constantly dieing when facing anything with a strong mob plus 1 or 2 weak mobs, anything more than that forget it. we need more CC or better health. Yes i have tried playing with a healing companion but i find myself getting 3-5 shot by strong mobs. bioware please do something about this.

Inb4 hurr durr ur just bad

inb4 hurr durr give marauders heavy armor durr

inb4 just reroll

Edited by urcoconuts

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're on Corellia, you are high enough a level that you can aoe CC to give you some breathing room if need be.

You can obfuscate for more 'CC'/damage prolongation.

You can CC droids, so two strong droids shouldn't be an issue, and there are a lot of strong droids on Corellia.

But, yes. Hurr durr l2p k. :p

Edited by revial

I haven't run into any problems like that, my deaths in Voss usually resulted from me not paying attention and dragging a silver elite patrol into my fights.

Perhaps you need to gear up or it's your spec? I just recently switched from Carnage to Rage and I find silver elites and their adds laughable now and gold elites don't cause me any worry either.

Don't listen to the trolls on the forums. I agree with you that we do need a major buff. Most of the forum trolls here will defend them acting like they could do it. Truth be told alot of them duo with a healer or someone else to carry.

They are not better than most of us, and alot of the 50s in my guild see the same problem compare to other classes. We can die too fast for the damage output we do. Other classes can come close to ours without the risk.

So just ignore the trolls telling you l2p and they can do it because now that they can do it with epic 50 gear, they want to keep others back. Most of them will just be used for the buff anyway since my BH can out damage them.

Sad really, but hey bio will buff warriors :)

Edited by Teladis

Go rage for those final levels because by now you'll be able to pick up quick recovery and you can just aoe smash mobs to death and bring quinn with ya too,(however i just hit 50 today went back to do my story quest only to find lv47 strongs hitting me for 1.2k but that's just because my gear is outdated lol before i hit 50 questing was alot easiler.

Don't listen to the trolls on the forums. I agree with you that we do need a major buff. Most of the forum trolls here will defend them acting like they could do it. Truth be told alot of them duo with a healer or someone else to carry.

They are not better than most of us, and alot of the 50s in my guild see the same problem compare to other classes. We can die too fast for the damage output we do. Other classes can come close to ours without the risk.

So just ignore the trolls telling you l2p and they can do it because now that they can do it with epic 50 gear, they want to keep others back. Most of them will just be used for the buff anyway since my BH can out damage them.

lol

I soloed to 50 6 times on sentinels/marauders in beta and live SOLO. They do not need a buff what they need is for bad players to actually LEARN TO PLAY correctly instead of come to the forums and QQing proving that they are bad players. Marauders kill anything when played by someone who knows what they are doing, when played by the typical "wow is hard" player they cannot kill anything

Yes, a survivability buff would be nice.

No, it's not "necessary".

Marauders are a glass cannon. Learn to play with care and you won't have issues.

^ This. Some extra HP or heavy armor would be nice, of course, but seriously is you play your class correctly, there shouldn't be a problem. It's just annoying if you aggro an extra pack of mobs during a fight, and even then it shouldn't be that much of an issue.

It is quite simple. Marauders are the squishiest class in game period.

Can you make it work? Yes

Will you pull off any amazing solos like other classes? No

Will you solo better than any other class in game? No

Will people yell out at you and say they leveled 6 marauders( I lol'd) and its just that you suck? Yes

Oh look it's Mr. Maraudersucks play Bountyhunter and go qq on Marauder forums...

Dude why don't you just leave the forums to ppl who do constructive feedback instead of whining ENDLESSLY about Marauder because you obviously have no idea how to play the class ?

Anyway btt:

Yes we could maybe use a little survivability tweak, however with all the cooldowns we have we can actually survive quite a lot of crap that gets thrown at us...

Always use Cloak of Pain (and by always I mean ALWAYS when the cd is off and you are facing strong enemies), don't hesitate with Blade Ward, Obfuscate whatever you find and if you're high enough use camouflage to divert attention to your companion for a moment, or Undying Rage when you're already rather low...

Force choke high priority targets to reduce their dmg output, let your companion get first shot so high dmg abilites that some mobs use on first hit get diverted onto him / her...

Kite the melee mobs if you can, just cripple them and dance around them, recharge them...

Disrupt their spellcasting if you can, disruption at the right moment can destrory someone's dmg output...

Use predation instead of berserk if you need that extra edge survivability, although berserk usually is a better choice because you can burst them away (or heal yourself a bit if you use Annihilation specc)

Use Intimidating Roar if you have it for a few seconds of quiet and disable droids wherever you can...

that's all I can come up with but as you see we do have quite a few options to better our chances of survival ;)

good luck and may be forks be with you :p

BestWurst

Of course i get mostly trolls telling me I'm bad. look I've been playing games since I was ten, I played wow for about 4 years on and off. I played the hardest class in pvp, the rogue, but pretty easy in pve. Im not bad, we just need more CC abilities plus most of my gear is only 3-4 levels away from my current one and there are no upgrades for them at this point (all orange, purple or blue) maybe its because im level 47 on corellia im getting 3 shot by level 48 mobs.

lol

I soloed to 50 6 times on sentinels/marauders in beta and live SOLO. They do not need a buff what they need is for bad players to actually LEARN TO PLAY correctly instead of come to the forums and QQing proving that they are bad players. Marauders kill anything when played by someone who knows what they are doing, when played by the typical "wow is hard" player they cannot kill anything

So true, Marauders (when played right) are practically invincible.

I got to Alderaan 3 levels early and was taking on groups of 6 regulars without even getting to 3/4 health... that's when I realized that Quinn was on Passive mode and wasn't even healing me lol.

I'm in all quest drop gear, and so is Quinn.

Annihilation spec is OP! :D

I heal myself with my crits and I'm just tearing through content.. all solo.

i rerolled

my marauder is now 42 and i left my love pve char for good..

i reolled a Assni and i hit people for 3400 and my new char is 12

and do more dmg of any marauder out there. and the tools for a assni in pvp is sick

fight..

1. steath . i pick my targets

2 Runs up back stap 3400

3. they run Stun runs over backstap again none crit 1600

4. shock they knock back me, Range lighting dead..

resteath again and lauch my *** off

i spec Anni and i Carage in pve my marauder is fine.. in pvp its joke

Always use Cloak of Pain (and by always I mean ALWAYS when the cd is off and you are facing strong enemies), don't hesitate with Blade Ward, Obfuscate whatever you find and if you're high enough use camouflage to divert attention to your companion for a moment, or Undying Rage when you're already rather low...

Force choke high priority targets to reduce their dmg output, let your companion get first shot so high dmg abilites that some mobs use on first hit get diverted onto him / her...

Disrupt their spellcasting if you can, disruption at the right moment can destrory someone's dmg output...

Use predation instead of berserk if you need that extra edge survivability, although berserk usually is a better choice because you can burst them away (or heal yourself a bit if you use Annihilation specc)

Use Intimidating Roar if you have it for a few seconds of quiet and disable droids wherever you can...

that's all I can come up with but as you see we do have quite a few options to better our chances of survival ;)

good luck and may be forks be with you :p

BestWurst

this guy has the right idea. Marauder is all about timing, cooldowns, and utility abilities not just loldps. if you go in with the expectation of facerolling and doing nothing but dpsing, you fail and are doing it wrong.

i generally use Jaesa and she can take out the regular mobs rather easily while i concentrate on the strongs or above.

this guy has the right idea. Marauder is all about timing, cooldowns, and utility abilities not just loldps. if you go in with the expectation of facerolling and doing nothing but dpsing, you fail and are doing it wrong.

i generally use Jaesa and she can take out the regular mobs rather easily while i concentrate on the strongs or above.

Exactly, we have lot of tools at our disposal.. seems like the people who QQ either don't get it or haven't figured it out yet.

Playing in voss and corellia i find myself constantly dieing when facing anything with a strong mob plus 1 or 2 weak mobs, anything more than that forget it. we need more CC or better health. Yes i have tried playing with a healing companion but i find myself getting 3-5 shot by strong mobs. bioware please do something about this.

Inb4 hurr durr ur just bad

inb4 hurr durr give marauders heavy armor durr

inb4 just reroll

Welcome to hell, wait till you get to the end of the story quest, it gets fun.

Squishiest? Not even close, try inquisitor.

You can't seriously mean that. Inquisitors have so many tools to keep themselves alive that it's not even funny.

In WoW terms, they're like priest, rogues, and shamans all rolled into one class.

You have made me become conditioned so that whenever I see that avatar you're using, my blood starts to boil. The perverse irony of your first line is laughable. Stop posting on the forums, go be with your "wife".

You can't seriously mean that. Inquisitors have so many tools to keep themselves alive that it's not even funny.

In WoW terms, they're like priest, rogues, and shamans all rolled into one class.

oh, you mean tools like obfuscate/force camo/undying rage/intimidating roar/cloak of pain/sabre ward/predation?

you do realize Marauders EAT inquisitors for breakfast?

You have made me become conditioned so that whenever I see that avatar you're using, my blood starts to boil. The perverse irony of your first line is laughable. Stop posting on the forums, go be with your "wife".

Ya? Well I'm tired of people lying saying things are fine at 50, or that l2p we rock.

If i'm having the same problem as everyone else here. It's not a l2p. The people say things are fine are not better or more skilled. They are just trolls. If I can't do it I know you or anyone else can't do it. 40-50 our defense is trash and mobs destory us. Compare to any other class we have the most issue.