Corpse Cleanup Not Executing Properly, Resulting in Piles of Bodies and Massive Lag

DizzD

Bug Report Ticket submitted as well

What: Corpse Cleanup Script Not Working

Where: All planets

When: Not on every single corpse, but a large number of them. It seems(theory) that the server de-sync is causing the corpse cleanup script to not run properly in some cases randomly(possibly when a lootable corpse is looted, but the server de-syncs and doesn't think it's been looted yet, which sends it into some kind of limbo state?)

Result: un-playable lag in areas with an extreme amount of permanent corpses piled up

Secondary Result: The hamsters are getting VERY tired, and the lag is creeping into non-planetary areas

Details:

Corpse cleanup script is not executing properly in some cases, resulting in a massive amount of corpses remaining on the ground. This problem appears to be universal, and is affecting all zones on all servers from the looks of the multitude of forum/reddit/etc/ posts.

The end result is game-breaking lag in some areas, and on most planets. The lag is getting so bad, it's starting to affect systems and processes in all parts of the game. Whether this is directly due to the corpse bug, or a broader server de-sync(which might even be the source of the corpse bug) is something that of course, I do not have within my power to determine.

Just wanted to pass it along, since it's been happening for over 24hrs with no official response yet.

They new about this Friday, all they had to do was rolling restarts on the servers and it would help with the lag till its fixed on Tuesday.

Edit, think its the un-looted corpses that are causing the problem, because when i bio/scav mine they disappear. We can bio/scav movs other people have killed if they looted, so if we can't do that to the massive piles thens its only bodies that are not looted.

Edited by Joefjr