The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

rumors for incoming PT/VG nerf in KoTFE???

Burinio

Your rotation on the new parse was also worse (esp avg time between hib, way more hammer shots) and not nearly as lucky on crits. Granted, a little bit of the crit difference comes from the longer fight, but not that much.

I stated later that I did a near perfect parse with same crit and same apm and got 6690, so still a massive difference.

Yet another example of BW's incompetence. Another overreaction driven by the most vocal population--PVPers.

Kwerty, what was the best Tactics/AP dummy parse prior 4.0.3? 7600 ballpark? According to parsely.io the best one so far is 6730... the predicted effect of this patch was about 6%, right? As it stands, this is 11.5%, and with luckier parses this may improve. But it still is a significant nerf.

Sents/Maras obviously dominate uncontested. Slingers/Snipers are still OK, Vengance and IO are now in front of AP...

Can somebody explain to me why the BW wizards feel the need to gimp classes/specs instead of making small gradual changes? If I am not mistaken there are exactly 19 other possibilities between 30 and 10 per cents.

Yet another example of BW's incompetence. Another overreaction driven by the most vocal population--PVPers.

Kwerty, what was the best Tactics/AP dummy parse prior 4.0.3? 7600 ballpark? According to parsely.io the best one so far is 6730... the predicted effect of this patch was about 6%, right? As it stands, this is 11.5%, and with luckier parses this may improve. But it still is a significant nerf.

Sents/Maras obviously dominate uncontested. Slingers/Snipers are still OK, Vengance and IO are now in front of AP...

Can somebody explain to me why the BW wizards feel the need to gimp classes/specs instead of making small gradual changes? If I am not mistaken there are exactly 19 other possibilities between 30 and 10 per cents.

I really think the latest set of nerfs was almost exclusively PvE driven. It's the only way to explain the entire breath of what was nerfed. And Slingers/snipers were nerfed by the same amount as AP, so I don't see how you can say they are Ok and AP is not. Annihilation also had a substantial, but far from crippling nerf. And all they did to AP was bring it in line with every other surge boost in the game.

You're overreacting yourself.

What is wrong with a 6730 DPS parse? There are specs that parse below 6730 prior and post nerf. AP PTs still boast the most ridiculous burst in game. So I have no idea why you are freaking out.

This is simply a spec that was beyond OP, and was brought back in line.

Note: I main an AP PT, and I'm completely fine with it.

Edited by Kaytrine

The best parse pre-nerf was around 7440. Now the thing to keep in mind is that ap just by it's nature is prone to very large outliers as far as parses go. Same thing in 3.0, think average in bis gear was 5K but there were parses up close to 5,4 iirc. Another thing to keep in mind is that the highest parse on parsely for pt's is likely to go up, seeing as there will be a lot of parses coming in the next week or 2.

Lastly Ap is still a very good raid spec, again in 3.0 it parses quite poorly on average compared to most classes but it dominated in a raid setting. Pre-nerf was godmode, now it's still very good mode. Mara's will be top parsers and honestly they should be. Vengeance and IO should parse higher then ap: they're sustained specs.

Snipers, well virulence is still very good, engineering is viable but our burst has been shat upon. Which is sad since quite a lot of fights semi "require" marksman. From what i've seen PT's have suffered a 400-500 dps nerf on average on a very very overperforming spec. Deception and marksman have suffered similar nerfs or even heavier ones on spec that were definately good but not as crazy as pt.

In short: Pt's still fine, just not ez button i win anymore

AP had a 6% dps nerf +-0.5%. I am not sure where this puts things in PvE, but seems too excessive.

No it isn't. AP PTs were more than 6% OP prior to the nerf. This brings them to a balanced state DPS wise.

We still burst like a mtherfker.

I really think the latest set of nerfs was almost exclusively PvE driven. It's the only way to explain the entire breath of what was nerfed. And Slingers/snipers were nerfed by the same amount as AP, so I don't see how you can say they are Ok and AP is not. Annihilation also had a substantial, but far from crippling nerf. And all they did to AP was bring it in line with every other surge boost in the game.

Care to elaborate on how exactly it was PvE driven?

Numbers speak louder than words, I would suggest to you all to check out parsely.

You're overreacting yourself.

What is wrong with a 6730 DPS parse? There are specs that parse below 6730 prior and post nerf. AP PTs still boast the most ridiculous burst in game. So I have no idea why you are freaking out.

This is simply a spec that was beyond OP, and was brought back in line.

Note: I main an AP PT, and I'm completely fine with it.

You should know that it's always about comparing numbers across classes/specs. If you ask me what is wrong with AP parsing 6730, I say nothing. If I add that combat sent is currently at 7045, I say that's a substantial difference between those two burst specs.

I believe you have never visited parsely because if you did you would know that AP was far from being alone at the top with engineering and annihilation ahead of it.

And when you talk about ridiculously OP burst, how do you fair on Calph NiM's adds post 4.0.3?

snip.

And when you talk about ridiculously OP burst, how do you fair on Calph NiM's adds post 4.0.3?

This, right here, is how I know the nerf was too much. It took us two SS slingers and two tactics VG's to just barely down the adds in time in the second portal phase. PRE-nerf. It's going to be incredibly difficult (mathematically impossible?) now.

Edited by Jimvinny