[BUG] Reverse Engineering not working properly

-Kitara-

Bug Report: Reverse Engineering not working properly.

There is currently a bug with reverse engineering items you craft. When I reverse engineer an item I have crafted, and the tooltip says No Research Available (but that it IS reverse engineerable), I will occasionally get some of my materials back as normal, but most of the time the reverse engineering bugs and I get an ERROR message saying: "No reverse engineering information for item '<item name here>'." and I receive NO materials back even though it destroyed my item - and yes, it's the same named item that's gone both ways with the reverse engineering. This is not how it's suppose to work. This inconsistancy is highly frustrating and a waste of our time/materials, especially when the only way to get Augmentation Slot Components is to Reverse Engineer stuff we craft, and we need ten of them to make one augment kit. Please fix this bug so us crafters can get back to providing goods to people that can't be obtained elsewise. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This still exists. I just reverse engineered 8 world drop armor items (I'm armorsmith), and I got nothing back for the items disappearing other than red text messages stating "No reverse engineering information for item ' '."

No mats, no schematics, just wasted items. If this happened once in 3-5, I could see it, but every time? It's not normal.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you trying to RE something you bought from the GTN (ie someone else crafted)? It only works* if you crafted the component yourself. Not sure about World drops.

*IF it works, I'm not saying it's not bugged, I'm just spitballing possible problems.

Edited by CrazyCT
Clarification

Are you trying to RE something you bought from the GTN (ie someone else crafted)? It only works* if you crafted the component yourself. Not sure about World drops.

*IF it works, I'm not saying it's not bugged, I'm just spitballing possible problems.

For myself, as the original poster to this thread, yes, the items were ones I myself crafted. Either way, if the item says it can be reverse engineered, you SHOULD get some form of material back for reverse engineering the item (this is how it's suppose to work since BETA). Whether or not you can learn a pattern from it is a separate issue altogether and has no bearing on receiving materials back - except in this case where it's broken/bugged and not giving you materials from Reverse Engineering items that are ineligible for pattern upgrades. I've even found instances where I have crafted an augment, but then cannot Reverse Engineer the augment I crafted with the toon who crafted it. :rak_02:

Same here. "No Research Available" for RE'ing blue Absorb Augments 5-36 but not having purple versions of them.

I have managed to reverse engineer blue Absorb Augment 25 to gain Advanced Absorb Augment 25. I can't however do the same for any other blue Shield Augment. Why should this be? I have checked and rechecked my recipes to ensure I don't already have the Advanced versions.

Thanks in advance.

I have been encountering this bug for 3 weeks and it has made it impossible for me to craft MK8 kits without buying components on the GTN even though I have farmed hundreds of mats to reverse engineer. To rub salt in the wound no component and your keeping my mats. FIX this please

Returning player only to be greeted with this insane game breaking bug :mad:

No reverse engineering information for item "warrior braces" poof gone into nothingness , no creds no stuff just nothing

After looking on the forum its easy to see this bug exists for a longer time than acceptable !!!

Its no secret this game is not as successful as investors hoped but bugs like this is pushing people away .

For the love of the game and the franchise fix this bug or loose even more spending people :(

• 7 months later...