The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why not sell Credits in the CM?

wolfyde

I'm really tired of getting spammed on every character by moneysellers. I dutifully click the report button every time, but I really wonder why you don't undermine their buyer's market by offering the service yourself on the CM.

People who want to convert real cash into credits legitimately are already doing it anyway, buying packs and crates and selling them on the GTN.

Really curious why this hasn't been implemented yet :)

Credit sellers are already buying hundreds of packs with stolen credit cards. It takes a good while before they sell them and on top of it there is a bound timer. It all gives bioware some time to react.

That's another argument in favour of BW selling credits themselves; account security.

(Although I have little sympathy for people buying illegal credits getting their accounts or card info hijacked :p )

That's another argument in favour of BW selling credits themselves; account security.

(Although I have little sympathy for people buying illegal credits getting their accounts or card info hijacked :p )

Fair point but sellers will always undercut bioware. Also it is not healthy for bioware to sell credits directly as it will pretty much set how much credits are worth in euros and prices will be less "player determined."

Fair point but sellers will always undercut bioware. Also it is not healthy for bioware to sell credits directly as it will pretty much set how much credits are worth in euros and prices will be less "player determined."

Even if they undercut, I would think the majority of people who are interested in buying credits would take the official, sanctioned path if offered the choice. It's the Gabe Newell-piracy stance :)

As to your second point; I fail to see how that is a bad thing.

For example; Arenanet offers a direct coin-to-gold and vice-versa conversion system built into the game in GW2.

So you know exactly how much euros/dollars your gold is worth.

It works for them, why not for BW?

Edited by wolfyde

Even if they undercut, I would think the majority of people who are interested in buying credits would take the official, sanctioned path if offered the choice. It's the Gabe Newell-piracy stance :)

As to your second point; I fail to see how that is a bad thing.

For example; Arenanet offers a direct coin-to-gold and vice-versa conversion system built into the game in GW2.

So you know exactly how much euros/dollars your gold is worth.

It works for them, why not for BW?

And what just unchosen said: there are already not enough packs posted on gtn and there'd be even less.

And what just unchosen said: there are already not enough packs posted on gtn and there'd be even less.

A far greater threat to pack and pack-content availability on the GTN is people no longer buying them because how awful BW made them since 4.0. :)

Actually before...I suppose "it" still exist in some of the older packs on the GTN.

They actually had a credit boost, one time use item giving someting like 40K to even in som cases over 100K, randomed, but it possible to stor them for back up credits, so in a way THAT was selling credits I suppose

Because selling Credits on the Cartel Market doesn't really solve any problems. In fact, it makes them worse. There are two main "needs" for credits in the game: the GTN, and character-twinking credit sinks. In the case of the latter, almost all of them have an equivalent cost in CC already, so selling credits to pay for the credit costs is pointless. In the case of the former, prices are set by supply and demand. If the supply of credits, and therefore, the number of players who can demand certain items, goes up without a similarly large rise in supply of the items desired (most of which, again, can already be purchased, albeit indirectly, through the CM), then the more credits sold, the less they'll be worth, as prices rise correspondingly. Inflation is one mean mother--*shuts mouth*.

The current system of selling items for CC that can then be sold for Credits is really the better option. It's more work for players, but it won't completely crash the game economy.

Credit sellers are already buying hundreds of packs with stolen credit cards. It takes a good while before they sell them and on top of it there is a bound timer. It all gives bioware some time to react.

Jokes on them my credit card is maxed HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Serious as cancer bro

Because selling Credits on the Cartel Market doesn't really solve any problems. In fact, it makes them worse. There are two main "needs" for credits in the game: the GTN, and character-twinking credit sinks. In the case of the latter, almost all of them have an equivalent cost in CC already, so selling credits to pay for the credit costs is pointless. In the case of the former, prices are set by supply and demand. If the supply of credits, and therefore, the number of players who can demand certain items, goes up without a similarly large rise in supply of the items desired (most of which, again, can already be purchased, albeit indirectly, through the CM), then the more credits sold, the less they'll be worth, as prices rise correspondingly. Inflation is one mean mother--*shuts mouth*.

The current system of selling items for CC that can then be sold for Credits is really the better option. It's more work for players, but it won't completely crash the game economy.

this, selling credits would just wreck this games already shaky economy.

Exactly. It works like this.

For people who want credits.

People buy CC packs -> Sell on GTN -> Use credits to buy what thy want on GTN (mostly items from packs again)

For people who like gamble but dont want to pay.

Earn credits in game -> buy packs -> sell items they dont want on GTN (to previous group can buy them)

If you skip the step when they buy packs from CC, then there will be nothing or much less to spend credit on GTN, cause there will be no CC items, so credits valueless will be even worse then now.

Edited by ShawDou

GW2 has a really good model for this. Would love to see BioWare do it.

Here's and explanation for those who haven't seen it.

Seems we'd need crafting and itemization completely overhauled to have a system like this. =l

Edited by Haruen
Too brief