Do Pubs always suck!?

TitusOfTides

I've been PvPing (solo queue) for a long time and have reached several conclusions, as well as question or two.

There are more Imps than Pubs. A lot more. Nothing new. It's even kind of cooler that way.

Imps generally have better composed and coordinated teams even in solo queue. I get it, most Pubs are casuals - np there.

I'm wondering whether or not these claims hold up on all servers. I PvP on Jung Ma, and I do well. Not to brag, but I outperform my whole team almost 100% of the time (medals, damage, mvp votes etc). I'm not that good though. Here are some examples of what we're seeing there.

Hypergates. Pubs didn't secure a single pylon until the final round. Not saying it was because of me, but I was there.

Purple/yellow terminal WZ (novare coast?). Whole team is disrupted at terminal by one healer. Whole team fails to kill said healer. Later I encounter them and a friend, and kill them both. Wth?

I'm not trying to say I'm the best or try and impress anyone. I'm just kind of shocked that Pubs can consistently be so bad... I used to think it was a fluke, but tbh we don't win a lot over on Jung Ma... Is this the story in your server? What server do you play?

Pubs are bad in any US server, they need to roll a 4 man premade with tank and heal to even have a chance of winning.

Solo q was even more painful, same people :D

Quite honestly, to some extent even good pubs have to run a premade to win. Even the best player can't carry 7pve scrubs

I have to agree that Republic side, for reasons that befuddle me, on the Harbinger server, we lose most matches. And when I say "most matches", I am talking losses between 80 and 95% every day and in every war zone. The only time we win is when the Imps are worse than the Pubs or, amazingly, the Pubs are experienced PVP players with correct gearing, stims, rotation and play the objectives well and can even defeat pre-made Imps teams including the infamous Half Baked guild. But those occassions are exceedingly rare with getting steamrolled being the new normal. Never mind that PVP ques result is miss-matching of teams so that there is no balance which is another misery unto itself. I have resigned myself to that particular fate. But what I cannot accept and which causes me grief to no end is that since patch 4.0, Bioware, in its infinite wisdom, decided to give PVE players a 20 war zone quest so that could get a shiny new droid. As bad as PVP was, this new venture by Bioware to get PVE players interested in PVP has, in fact, done the very opposite. We PVP players utterly resent the arrival of PVE players into war zones who do not have the right gearing, experience, and everything else you need to know to do well at PVP. I have been on Pub teams where I was the ohly person in proper PVP gear and it is just a matter of how many kills can the Imps rack up before the clock runs out. Edited by PaulusMaulus

Imps > Pubs are the rule on Jedi Covenant as well.

I've just started getting into PVP, but I'm doing it Pub side. Not because I'm a masochist, just that that's where my main is. But I've been brangling (good naturedly) with some Guildies who are big PVPers Imp side that Pubs are never going to get good unless some of the good PVPers dedicate themselves to playing Pub side. I'm also trying to put my money where my mouth is.

Losing is super frustrating...we all KNOW and AGREE on that.

If you're in a guild, you should be able to group with your members rather than having to always queue solo. That's one of the benefits of being in a guild. If no one wants to group, you might want to consider switching guilds.

If you notice someone in a group that performs well, ask them to group with you. No one should always have to queue solo unless if you're completely anti-social. If that is the case, please do not be that guy/gal that goes all ballistic during the warzone ranting about how bad everyone is: 1) you're not contributing at all 2) Less QQ more Pew Pew 3) It'll all be over soon enough.

Below is a post I think might interest you:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=852853

Meh. On Harby just ran several 65 pub games. Won more than lost. Got someone ************ every single one of them, even the wins, about the team not playing good enough. Didn't have any premades on our side that I could tell. I know we had at least one 1200 expertise PvE guy going for the companion (who played well enough to help me go plant a VS door against a team that was pretty much kicking our arse). I think you people are just not happy unless you are winning ALL DAY EVERY DAY ALL THE TIME. Or maybe you just play a different time than I do. :p

Pubs do alright on the bastion all day long

There is a problem with Bastion recently. It is never at medium capacity, ques at at late evening none existent. Que to solo ranked well last time i waited 20+ min in the middle of the day and no que popped.

So maybe when que pops you win but u do need that que.

On most server however pub doing awful.

I recently transferred pre 65 to Ebon Hawlk played 6 WZ all lost. I hope its different on 65 but i have my doubts.

I actually re-rolled IMP... but this is another reason game is dying no cross serve ques and one side dominated.....

Meh. On Harby just ran several 65 pub games. Won more than lost. Got someone ************ every single one of them, even the wins, about the team not playing good enough. Didn't have any premades on our side that I could tell. I know we had at least one 1200 expertise PvE guy going for the companion (who played well enough to help me go plant a VS door against a team that was pretty much kicking our arse). I think you people are just not happy unless you are winning ALL DAY EVERY DAY ALL THE TIME. Or maybe you just play a different time than I do. :p

I'll never understand these guys. Did a Hypergate earlier this week that we were mostly winning throughout, and eventually won. The ops leader would not shut up about what we were supposedly all doing wrong. Once victory was declared he was the first to zone out with not a single word. Like he was hoping we would lose to validate his ********

As a Republic player I can answer your question with an unequivocal YES. Here's my anecdotal pseudo-sociological theory on why this is.

In every MMORPG I've played, it always seems that the best PvP players choose the more or less "evil" faction. And they always seem to dominate PvP.

I honestly think that if you're drawn to the "evil" story archetype, you're conditioned by the gameplay to do what you want, consequences be damned.

And that means when it comes time to fight other players, you're willing to do whatever it takes to win.

Even if it means resorting to something as vile and wicked as...TEAMWORK.

~GASP~

I know, right? The utter HORROR...

:rak_05:

In every MMORPG I've played, it always seems that the best PvP players choose the more or less "evil" faction. And they always seem to dominate PvP.

Which is why my theory is :

PvE = Republic

PvP = Empire

I'm absolutely sure that players of SP-RPGs are in general more ... "Republic" side players.

An Empire side player wouldn't touch an RPG like Drakensang 2 with a 10-foot-pike. Or do so - and then very loudly complain about games like this being "far too sweetfor his teeth" and demand LOTS of blood, violence and gore being patched into such a game ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

As a Republic player I can answer your question with an unequivocal YES. Here's my anecdotal pseudo-sociological theory on why this is.

I honestly think that if you're drawn to the "evil" story archetype, you're conditioned by the gameplay to do what you want, consequences be damned.

And that means when it comes time to fight other players, you're willing to do whatever it takes to win.

Even if it means resorting to something as vile and wicked as...TEAMWORK.

~GASP~

I know, right? The utter HORROR...

:rak_05:

Not a bad theory but it's always gonna be which side has the most fotm re rollers, take a look at majority of the imp players, what are they? (PT's and Sorcs). It's the same thing in WoW, which faction has the most fotm class/race or now racial (that's why Alliance are dominating pvp atm)