Game won't work after installing patch

watermelonfan

It took 3 hours for the patch to finish installing. After it was done, the play button light up. When I click on it, it closes the swtor launcher without starting the game. I tried logging back in and clicking the play button about 10 times and the game still doesn't start up. According to the developers this game is working except for the slow patching. I don't see how the game never starting up is considering functional. Is anyone else currently having this problem? Does anyone have a work around? Edited by watermelonfan

It took 3 hours for the patch to finish installing. After it was done, the play button light up. When I click on it, it closes the swtor launcher without starting the game. I tried logging back in and clicking the play button about 10 times and the game still doesn't start up. According to the developers this game is working except for the slow patching. I don't see how the game never starting up is considering functional. Is anyone else currently having this problem? Does anyone have a work around?

same issue here. it's been like this since 8am for me.. now it's half past 4 pm. just returned from work.

I was having the same issue last night. What you need to do is first, close all instances of SWTOR and any Bitraider running on your PC (even though the game doesn't work, your computer is still running the processes) and then go to your SWTOR folder in program files, find the Bitraider folder and delete it, then run launcher.

Hope this helps!

I was having the same issue last night. What you need to do is first, close all instances of SWTOR and any Bitraider running on your PC (even though the game doesn't work, your computer is still running the processes) and then go to your SWTOR folder in program files, find the Bitraider folder and delete it, then run launcher.

Hope this helps!

I tried that yesterday and it worked. Thanks for your help. I can't believe this isn't listed in the developer tracker. I don't understand why they won't post this fix when it is so simple. There are so many players having this problem.

Hope this helps!

It helped! Thank you!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.