Ilum daily "Defend the Shipment" bugged?

invispoet

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quits working when someone dies trying to defend a working box. The box is forever bound to that person thinking they are coming back to finish it. Sort of like tagging a mob.

If they don't come back, it never gets untagged.

Server resets on Tuesdays fixes it until the next time someone dies defending it.

I managed to complete that daily one time, directly after maintenance. The theory is, like already stated in this thread, is that if you die while defending the crate, it will bug and just stay that way. I've see the mining equipment get bugged too.

I've never died on these missions. Can anyone confirm? I know you may not want to own up to bugging the crates out for the whole server, haha, but it would be nice to know for sure. And by all means if you have trouble with these missions let me know, I'll go with you! :D

I managed to complete that daily one time, directly after maintenance. The theory is, like already stated in this thread, is that if you die while defending the crate, it will bug and just stay that way. I've see the mining equipment get bugged too.

I've never died on these missions. Can anyone confirm? I know you may not want to own up to bugging the crates out for the whole server, haha, but it would be nice to know for sure. And by all means if you have trouble with these missions let me know, I'll go with you! :D

The theory makes sense. The mechanic that's supposed to "unlock" the mission on failure seem to be broken. I've seen both bugged, and likely for the same reason. Here's to hoping a fix comes soon, as I would rather not be able to do those 2 dailies weekly, with the server restarts.

BTW, this should probably bee in the CS forum :)

Edited by Sillybill

I think this bug doesn't occur if you fail a mission by not defending the crates. It's just a random bug that happens every once in a while.

For example: I was doing this same quest the other day and managed to successfully defend one of those crates. Since I couldn't find any other "working" crate on map I returned to the one I already defended to find out I can't even click on it (like it doesn't exist).

Other players could click on it though, but they couldn't start the quest since the crate was "already in use."

I defended it once and got a notification that I finished that step of the quest, but I apparently bugged it somehow since I can't even click on it.

Changing instance really helps.

Every shipment was bugged on Ilum 1 and all worked on Ilum 2, thx.

that would work for me, except i cant change instances at all on Ilum. I wish they would fix this already, it's a known issue for over a month, and they still havent addressed it.

I was able to complete it yesterday. But there was one crate that was "already in use".

I saw a post that it may have something to do with "fail" attempts on the NPCs that attack and it doesnt reset itself until after server reset.

But this is a daily that needs to be fixed ASAP.

EDIT: Ok so the shipments are just bugging after completion. Has nothing to do with people failing it (which I found hard to believe that anyone could fail this). When you do one, and the thing never respawns but instead says "OBJECT HAS NO NAME" to you, then it bugged and becomes one of those "Already in use" shipments for everyone else. Edited by Havocx

EDIT: Ok so the shipments are just bugging after completion. Has nothing to do with people failing it (which I found hard to believe that anyone could fail this). When you do one, and the thing never respawns but instead says "OBJECT HAS NO NAME" to you, then it bugged and becomes one of those "Already in use" shipments for everyone else.

Is that right? Everyone just complains about the "idiots" who fail defending it. Well they don't use the term idiot but nevermind.

I just defended one (the only one still working) and then waited approximately forever waiting for the same one to respawn. Me and the person who was waiting with me gave up, so I figured I'd come here and remind the devs who work on missions that this one could use some attention. Ty~

Edited by grania

This issue still is not fixed. I was going to create a thread, but then I hit up Google. I have 2 open tickets. 1 bug report and 1 for quests.

Only 1 out of the 4 shipments can be used. Since I used the last 1, I can not get a 2nd one to finish. Nobody else will be able to defend a single shipment until I or someone else completes or abandons this mission.

All they replied is they are forwarding it! They have no plans to fix the dang problem, clearly.

Edited by Kourage

Quits working when someone dies trying to defend a working box. The box is forever bound to that person thinking they are coming back to finish it. Sort of like tagging a mob.

If they don't come back, it never gets untagged.

Server resets on Tuesdays fixes it until the next time someone dies defending it.

Seriously...how could anybody die doing this quest...and it is still bugged today...grrr

I think this bug doesn't occur if you fail a mission by not defending the crates. It's just a random bug that happens every once in a while.

For example: I was doing this same quest the other day and managed to successfully defend one of those crates. Since I couldn't find any other "working" crate on map I returned to the one I already defended to find out I can't even click on it (like it doesn't exist).

Other players could click on it though, but they couldn't start the quest since the crate was "already in use."

I defended it once and got a notification that I finished that step of the quest, but I apparently bugged it somehow since I can't even click on it.

afaik, you're never able to defend a crate you've already defended. it always has to be 2 different crates.

although you point out something interesting perhaps what bugs them is that people do one and then don't finish the quest, eventually there are none left that aren't in use...