Companions are are garbage now!

Denerio

I wouldn't say 'garbage' but I think the nerf was a bit much. I play as a healer so all this nerf has done for me is make my daily activities take 25% longer with my dps companion. The nerf did not add the 'challenge' people were saying would come with them being nerfed, just made it more time consuming which isn't fun.

Oh no, you have to actually play now, instead of watching your companions do all the work and/or do more than spam basic attack while your companion overheals.

Heroic content is still perfectly soloable, especially with level 50 companions, as you stated you were using. I solod the Heroic star fortress on my slinger with a rank 12 in DPS stance, without using the alliance buffs. Sure, it was harder than last week, but I was still able to do it without much difficulty.

And they're still significantly better than they were in 1.0-3.X, just not demigods anymore.

Edited by Andrellma

companion shouldn't be more powerfull than average skill player in dissent gear well done BW love the change

Agreed to part the first. No comp should be better than the average player. From looking at parses both from my own guild raids and those on parsely I can safely say that the average healer does btwn 5-6k HPS with 2-3k EHPS.

A rank 21 Lana is now doing at the upper limit 600 EHPS, which is really sad, considering that my AP Powertech with the right utilities selected managed 500EHPS in the same fights. That's not an average player. That's not even a crap player. That is a passed out drunk, at sleep at the keyboard player. You cannot possibly tell me that this is intended anymore than the massively OP comps were intended.

As expected. We shouldn't be surprised one bit. All I can say is congrats to all the whiners and complainers you got what you wanted so take your rage over companions being nerfed too much somewhere else.

For the record, while I believed that comps were a bit OP before, I didn't complain about it, quite the opposite I defended it, because I knew BW would over correct, which they did.