Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why nerf all but PT and Sniper?

TitusOfTides

AP needed that nerf, MM on the other hand they could've gone gentler with, it didnt need such a huge nerf.

I'm curious though where some are getting their ideas that melee burst should be ahead of ranged sustained? The only thing i've ever heard of the new dps philosophy was in the early 3.0 videos where they outlined; sustained->burst, melee->hybrid->ranged. So melee and hybrid sustained will be higher than ranged sustained, but as far as melee and hybrid burst goes in regards to ranged sustained is very much unclear.

Edited by cirruz

AP needed that nerf, MM on the other hand they could've gone gentler with, it didnt need such a huge nerf.

I'm curious though where some are getting their ideas that melee burst should be ahead of ranged sustained? The only thing i've ever heard of the new dps philosophy was in the early 3.0 videos where they outlined; sustained->burst, melee->hybrid->ranged. So melee and hybrid sustained will be higher than ranged sustained, but as far as melee and hybrid burst goes in regards to ranged sustained is very much unclear.

The MM nerf was overdone for sure. I suppose some Dev decided to PVP, got a 30K Ambush in the face, and said "Okay, thats ridiculous. Clearly MM snipers are overpowered, and we must bring it back to balanced. -20% damage makes sense."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.