The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How strong is the Emperor's Wrath?

Strive-US

The Wrath was personally chosen by the Emperor to be his enforcer. That alone should be a testament of his combat prowess. Dude is rage incarnate, channeling the dark side inward to empower himself to inhuman strength, speed and endurance. We learn from the class story that he has been trained to be the best of the best in martial combat.

I'm pretty sure he'll at least give them some serious sweat. Personally, I think he could beat them.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wrath was personally chosen by the Emperor to be his enforcer. That alone should be a testament of his combat prowess. Dude is rage incarnate, channeling the dark side inward to empower himself to inhuman strength, speed and endurance. We learn from the class story that he has been trained to be the best of the best in martial combat.

I'm pretty sure he'll at least give them some serious sweat. Personally, I think he could beat them.

Yet he couldn't beat Malgus and Revan alone. Malgus is solidly below Vader, and Revan is on par with him.

He can now. There's a solo mode. I don't think the gameplay mechanics of Flashpoints are a way to decide who is stronger. I mean, maybe he did defeat those guys "alone" because there were 4 Emperor's Wrath's that teamed up together.

But again, how exactly do you decide how Malgus and Revan compare to Vader? They lived thousands of years apart and never met.

Booooooooooooooooooooooo but you know you never really have to do that if you want you can find a planet and open up a Bar for your faction and spend your time their the entire game.If you don't want to I'll stop bring it up.

Well I just read through the whole thread and it was 11 pages of discussing ship prices :/

Well I just read through the whole thread and it was 11 pages of discussing ship prices :/

That's because Sil wanted to change stuff and make things harder than they were in the original game.Its fine but I have a question wouldn't Shaak Ti lose to the Wraith.:p

He can now. There's a solo mode. I don't think the gameplay mechanics of Flashpoints are a way to decide who is stronger. I mean, maybe he did defeat those guys "alone" because there were 4 Emperor's Wrath's that teamed up together.

But again, how exactly do you decide how Malgus and Revan compare to Vader? They lived thousands of years apart and never met.

Honestly I'm not a massive fan of cross era match ups but you can compare them through Sense abilities, Control abilities, Alter abilities and lightsaber combat. For example comparing Fisto's feat of casually stomping magnaguards to practically any Jedi's feat of destroying a battle droid, which is the better feat? Fisto's because while both Jedi can stomp a regular battle droid, Fisto casually stomped 2 magnaguards that have feats of overwhelming other Force users whereas regular battle droids can only do that in high numbers, therefore the conclusion would be that Fisto is more skilled. This is just an example of Fisto vs a random Jedi though so it isn't the best comparison.

The Wrath certainly is powerful but he isn't beating Dooku or Vader. Also whilst being chosen by the Emperor is a good accolade, the Emperor also threw him aside like he was no one after SOR. As for saying that he channels his hate and rage inwards to empower himself, most darksiders do, in fact it is something Vader is know for being great at, being stated as "appearing to teleport" and "moving faster than anyone he'd seen apart from Yoda" both of these being stated by a Jedi Master who was able to fend off 512 stormtroopers for a small amount of time. As for Dooku he managed to fend off 3 Nightsisters, including Ventress who has bested Council members, while blind and drugged after being woke from his sleep.

TL;DR The Wrath is a powerful character but against guys like Dooku and Vader he pales in comparison, which isn't bad as a majority of SW characters do as well.

The bold claims in this thread like saying he ''pales'' in comparison + the smug remarks, suggest that personal taste and headcanon take precedence too much.

The answer is not as clear as some people here suggest.

As for myself i was kinda disappointed by his showings in KotFE, and my opinion of him has dropped a bit.

Edited by Kaedusz

The Wrath certainly is powerful but he isn't beating Dooku or Vader. Also whilst being chosen by the Emperor is a good accolade, the Emperor also threw him aside like he was no one after SOR. As for saying that he channels his hate and rage inwards to empower himself, most darksiders do, in fact it is something Vader is know for being great at, being stated as "appearing to teleport" and "moving faster than anyone he'd seen apart from Yoda" both of these being stated by a Jedi Master who was able to fend off 512 stormtroopers for a small amount of time. As for Dooku he managed to fend off 3 Nightsisters, including Ventress who has bested Council members, while blind and drugged after being woke from his sleep.

TL;DR The Wrath is a powerful character but against guys like Dooku and Vader he pales in comparison, which isn't bad as a majority of SW characters do as well.

The Emperor threw aside every living thing in the galaxy. That's not a mark against him in any way.

The bold claims in this thread like saying he ''pales'' in comparison + the smug remarks, suggest that personal taste and headcanon take precedence too much.

The answer is not as clear as some people here suggest.

As for myself i was kinda disappointed by his showings in KotFE, and my opinion of him has dropped a bit.

If I made some I didn't mean to. :confused:

Well I guess I will ask again who have the wraith defeated by himself that can compare to any one Vader or Dooku has defeated?

Side note:Flashpoints doesn't count that's just some Sith warrior not the Wraith.

Wrath solo defeated Baras. Dooku defeated TCW Anakin and Obi-Wan together, beat Mace in sparring matches, stomped Sora and pre-prime Vos. Pre-prime Vader could've housed TFU II Starkiller, but he had other plans.

So how does Baras stack up to those resumes? Laughably.

Wrath solo defeated Baras. Dooku defeated TCW Anakin and Obi-Wan together, beat Mace in sparring matches, stomped Sora and pre-prime Vos. Pre-prime Vader could've housed TFU II Starkiller, but he had other plans.

So how does Baras stack up to those resumes? Laughably.

So as I said before he doesn't stack up to anyone of them.

The Wrath hasn't primed yet btw.

So what's your point as he is now he won't win.Just saying Ohhh he preprime means nothing at this time.If that was a argument than Starkiller,Ahoska,even the kid from Rebels could be stronger than Sidous when they reach their prime.

So what's your point as he is now he won't win.Just saying Ohhh he preprime means nothing at this time.If that was a argument than Starkiller,Ahoska,even the kid from Rebels could be stronger than Sidous when they reach their prime.

Just saying.

you are oversensitive.

Edited by Kaedusz

in an era of constant fighting between sith and jedi, wouldn't duelists of that era hold advantages since they encounter many different styles in real-combat situation ?

That doesn't really work like that. Sure war has the upside of giving experience, but it has downside too. Namely death. Great masters die before they can pass down their knowledge, prodigies die before they could fulfill their potential etc.

The PT era jedi spent a thousand years polishing their technique and they weren't exactly sitting idly by. Yoda trained that Jedi Order to fight the sith when they re-emerge. And they got the experience they needed in the Clone Wars, which ironically was the biggest war the galaxy had ever seen.

I believe it does work that way and I mean in terms of pure light-saber duelling. While it's obvious that they honed their craft, I believe experience is a big plus (at first) and OR duellists probably hold an advantage in that department.

And ofc as you said they did not slack off and it was the order golden age but they did not face as much force-users even during the clone wars. But then again I'm just speaking very generally not trying to compare any inviduals between them.

In my humble opinion, I believe that the the PT Jedi Order, were in many ways superior to those of TOR, I kind of get the feeling that TOR was more of a quantity over quality, though they were definitely some Jedi and SIth that were a cut above the rest.

In regards to the Wrath, I do not believe he would be able to beat Dooku, Anakin or Vader. Make no mistake he is powerful in his own right, I will never deny that, its just that when you compare some of the situations you see the wrath in during some cutscenes and that compare it to the scene in TCW, you will see that the TCW era Jedi and Sith could overcome them with not much trouble.

In regards to Vader, I think the wrath would be slaughtered. No offense meant to an wrath fans, I myself am a big fan of the Wrath, but I believe that is facts. I am one of the people who believe that Vader was/is more powerful than Anakin was. Bear with me here, sure Anakin had all his limbs and did not have his potential stunted by the injuries he got on Mustafar, I accept that. But let we must also admit that potential and connection does not guarantee power. Yoda and possibly Windu were more powerful than Anakin, despite having less potential and sensitivity to the force.

Vader while being greatly diminished in potential when compared to Anakin, learned one thing Anakin never did which is control.

Also, the new canon comics and novels have depicted Vader performing feats that many of the Jedi and Sith of TOR era have not been seen doing. If you have read the recent Vader Down #1 comic, you will realize that there are few if any Sith or Jedi during TOR that can match Vader.

Revan is on par with him on some level (Revan fans, please do not start a rant about Revan's awesomeness and greatness, I have had enough of that to last me a lifetime), Vitiate/Valkorion is on a whole other level.

I personally believe that Vitiate/Valkorion was the most powerful force user alive save the Father, Daughter and Son on Mortis. Anakin/Vader would have been able to match him had they never suffered the Mustafar injuries but we need to deal with what is NOT what could have been. No point dwelling on what will never be.

So yeah, I believe that TCW era Jedi and SIth were vastly superior to their TOR era counterparts, with one or two exceptions

Edited by Sukhrajsgh

That doesn't really work like that. Sure war has the upside of giving experience, but it has downside too. Namely death. Great masters die before they can pass down their knowledge, prodigies die before they could fulfill their potential etc.

The PT era jedi spent a thousand years polishing their technique and they weren't exactly sitting idly by. Yoda trained that Jedi Order to fight the sith when they re-emerge. And they got the experience they needed in the Clone Wars, which ironically was the biggest war the galaxy had ever seen.

This is wrong on so many levels. I am pretty sure you are intelligent enough to know it though, but some kind of bias forces your thinking in certain patterns.

Edited by Kaedusz

This is wrong on so many levels. I am pretty sure you are intelligent enough to know it though, but some kind of bias forces your thinking in certain patterns.

There is actually more evidence backing what Zoltan said. The evidence being the emergence of the greatest swordsmasters during the time of the PT Order, such people being Yoda (the greatest Atraru user), Mace Windu (created a deadly form specifically for fighting Darksiders), Obi-Wan (his Soresu being so masterful he could deal with 20 strikes per second), Dooku (the greatest Makashi user who has slaughtered Jedi easily before), Kit Fisto (the Jedi that turned a basic form into a deadly and unpredictable form) and Anakin Skywalker (his Djem-So breaking the defense of Dooku, a man who had 60 years more experience than him). Those are just the few that came to my head. In addition, the success of the RoT backs this idea as it allowed the Sith to achieve their goals of wiping out the Republic, driving the Jedi to near extinction and producing the ultimate Sith. All together, there is much more evidence that shows the Jedi becoming stronger in long periods of peace and more evidence that suggests the same applies to the Sith.

Also, calling bias? That is one strong accusation.

Edited by PadsterPwns