Can't use focus target modifier

EmilmcUgly

Self target modifier works fine. Cursor turns green, the right things happen to the right people (me). But the focus target modifier does not work. It didn't work for me before 4.0 and it still isn't now. I have tried using different key bindings and different characters, but have never been able to make it work. Help?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
I'm having exactly the same issue. I've tried remapping the key, resetting it to default, mapping it to a mouse button, but nothing works. I've tried it with my companion as the focus target or an NPC as the focus target to no avail. The self target modifier works as expected, but the focus target modifier does not.

In case someone finds this thread, I thought I would follow up with the solution that worked for me. There is an option in the general options page to "Enable focus target" or something similar. That was unchecked by default for me. Strangely enough, I could still set a focus target (Alt-T), but the focus target modifier would not work. Once that option was set, the focus target modifier key worked.