More Cathar customizations, please

Tenacity

since the addition of Cathar as a playable species, we've been stuck with a lousy selection of hairstyles, almost every one rehashed from zabrak hairstyles sans the horns (meaning a lot of bald spots). There are only two half-decent hairstyles for males (Super-mane and short faux-hawk, bald makes it 3), and only three for females (short cut, raggedy medium length, and long straight).

We do not have access to any of the hairstyles used by cathar npcs. We also lack the same eye styles and fur patterns.

Fur and hair color options are also very bland, very faded, and sometimes nonsensical - why can I have pure white fur (minus the need to have a facial pattern, cant we get a 'no pattern' option?) but I have no option for white hair? Why can I have orange fur, but no option for orange hair?

I love this species, bioware, and all of my characters are cathar, but honestly, you've got to expand our options here. There's no reason at this point why we should not have access to several additional hairstyles, fur colors, or patterns (and please give us a NO PATTERN option!).

I've used a bit of GIMP magic to put together a collage of what the other hairstyles would look like on cathar characters. I especially like #8 (bottom right), would fit my cathar bounty hunter perfectly.

http://i.imgur.com/50cxD9Y.jpg

I'll second this. I've had the Cathar unlocked for close to a year and never got around to actually using it because the options are just crap.

Add to that list the Miraluka. They have a garbage selection of hair and no dye-jobs either.

I see a lot of people saying this, that they buy a species and then end up not using it because the options are so limited.

It seems to exacerbate the problem when Bioware continues to add "human only" cosmetic additions to the game.

Cathar were terribly done - nothing like the ones in game and the faces all look like Halloween costume paint and not actual hair or fur.

Add to that the terrible customization options and things like new hairstyles not being available, and it is no wonder so many were disappointed.

that's what gets me, why use completely different hair styles, patterns, and eyes when we already had some in the game with cathar NPCs? Yes, cathar npcs have slightly different head shapes than your standard player character, so facial animations can get wonky (but they already do with cathar PCs sometimes), but they could've modified the hairstyles, patterns, and eyes to fit a standard PC model and made it look good.

Instead, they cheaped out by rehashing half-bald hairstyles for no apparent reason, and did a crappy job trying to come up wth patterns. Worst of all, every fur shade and eye color is bland, drab, and dull.

Cathar were terribly done - nothing like the ones in game and the faces all look like Halloween costume paint and not actual hair or fur.

Add to that the terrible customization options and things like new hairstyles not being available, and it is no wonder so many were disappointed.

This. I managed to find one look I liked...but yeah its hard to find a good look. Give us options!

• 11 months later...

*More Hairstyles (w/ better textures)

*More beard styles. Less human like

*CLAWED hands. Actual hands look like the rest of the models ( they look like ape hands). I found this in the in-game codex:

Cathar are a feline humanoid species native to the planet of the same name. They are normally covered in fur, although variations in the genetic baseline have expressed themselves as at least two distinct subspecies. Cathar are noteworthy hand-to-hand combatants, possessing retractable claws, strong physiques and natural agility. It was the Cathar reputation for martial prowess that drew the Mandalorians to besiege their homeworld several centuries ago. Despite their valiant resistance against the remorseless invaders, the native Cathar were virtually exterminated. Out of millions, only a few hundred escaped the Mandalorians’ attack and fled to Republic space. In the time since their near-extinction, the Cathar have rebuilt their numbers to become common faces on Republic worlds. The Jedi Order, Galactic Senate and Republic military all claim numerous proud and loyal Cathar among their ranks. It is rare to encounter a Cathar who doesn’t actively despise the Sith Empire–and especially its Mandalorian allies."

―In-game Codex

I guess there's just not enough interest in the species.

I think there is IF it was done proprely .

More options , better textures and more hair . But also , maybe change a few line of dialogues so the specie is recognized . I bet you that would make peoples roll another toon just to see it .

Same with Togruta . Although I do keep seeing alot of them but mostly females . Have yet to see a Male Togruta .

Edit: I have 2 cathar Troopers lol For me the specie that is neglected is Zabrak . But I swear I make one as a Bounty Hunter one day . And cyborg...I don't consider that a specie but a mistake .

Edited by SerraShar