Help -- Zero HP Buff from Bolster

Cruice

Hello All, I've searched everywhere but cant find the solution/reason.

I am just returning to the game. I play a PT shield spec in PVP. I had enough tokens to purchase a full basic 65 pvp super commando set. I also bought 2 expertise crystals for my MH and OH. As the stats are heavily defense now (vs my previous Shield spec preference), I added 10 SR augs to bring my shield up and put the rest in defense to balance out the "preferred" stat distribution.

Standing in fleet, I have 2018 expertise and 61k health. I zone into a BG and i have 2018 (got its, the max). but my health does not change one bit. I have friends that are also in basic pvp gear, maxed expertise and are getting a 4 to 7K health boost. Its hard standing in a BG as a tank with 61K health, when every other class are running around at 70K. I Initially, I thought maybe it was because I didn't have the 2nd tier gear, but did the math and I estimate it would only give me a 3Kish boost. I can't believe that folks are running full fortitude augs, which is the only way I'd get to 70K,

Please help, what am I missing?

Thanks,!!

Its hard standing in a BG as a tank with 61K health, when every other class are running around at 70K. I Initially, I thought maybe it was because I didn't have the 2nd tier gear, but did the math and I estimate it would only give me a 3Kish boost. I can't believe that folks are running full fortitude augs, which is the only way I'd get to 70K,

Im not sure what your askin about but- my mara didnt hit 70+k (72k) until geting fully auged T2 pvp gear (power/end).

Most pvp tanks dont get high hp until they fully aug for end. (Heck most tanks go dps gear optimized for high end- so no +defense). I think tanks get into the 80k range after fully auging their t2 gear. Endurance augs gives an extremelly high amount of hp!

Don't take shield/absorb augments. Use endurance augs only. Unfortunately stock tank gear from the PvP vendors are horribly optimized. For full tankiness you will want to replace all of your mods for high endurance, defense B mods (tank gear currently comes with A mods). You will want to replace all of your mid endurance enhancements for the high endurance shield/defense, absorb/defense enhancements. These have the least amount of defense possible (the trade for high endurance). U will find with the 5% shield chance buff PTs/VGs got with 4.0 your mit stats are about the same as pre-4.0 but with more defense and a ton of health. like 84-85k for VG.

Now in my opinion mitigation for tanks in PvP is highly over-rated as damage profiles in PvP are quite different than pve. Your most valuable stats as a pvp tank are endurance and flat damage reduction which you get from your discipline and cooldowns.

Edited by Lanzend

Thanks. I got it, and will make adjustments. Still curious how every other class is running around at 70K Hps. I'm pretty sure they are running full end mods.

Thanks again!

Once again- ill post what my mara has.

Literally all T2 fully augged with high power/low endurance augments. This gets 72k hp.

This is not endurance stacking, this is optimized for damage. Literally low endurance setup. 72k is easy to achieve with t2 augmented gear.

Standing in fleet, I have 2018 expertise and 61k health. I zone into a BG and i have 2018 (got its, the max). but my health does not change one bit. I have friends that are also in basic pvp gear, maxed expertise and are getting a 4 to 7K health boost.

I don't think anyone has explained this part yet... my guess would be that your friends have no augments. If you don't have an augment, then bolster gives you a blue fortitude (ply max level - not sure). I think, even at 65 and with PvP gear this is true. If so, that would be where their extra HP are coming from. Since you said you have augments already, no bolstred augs for you.

Also, as a point of reference, I have a guardian tank in full T2 "tank" gear, with all max level purple fortitude augs (208 item rating, +73 end, +48 pow), and I min/maxed out of all the defense stat by replacing EVERY SINGLE mod and enhancement :(. I put in Advance Lethal mod 40B-X (103 mas, 129 end, 41 exp, 83 pow) and advanced discp enhancement (137 end, 41 exp, 35 power, 129 crit).

For ear/implant/etc I have the Examplar Adept ear, two Examplar Adept implants, the relic of Serendipitous assault and the relic of reactive warding.

After all that I end up with 81.5K HP in or out of a WZ (both the same) after the 5% endur buff is applied. I have only 8.8% defense chance (the only defense I have on anything is 61 points on the warding relic), and 24% shield / 20% absorb (I have no shield/absorb points at all).

I have no idea if that's the "right way" to gear, but it's what I have for now.

Hello All, I've searched everywhere but cant find the solution/reason.

I am just returning to the game. I play a PT shield spec in PVP. I had enough tokens to purchase a full basic 65 pvp super commando set. I also bought 2 expertise crystals for my MH and OH. As the stats are heavily defense now (vs my previous Shield spec preference), I added 10 SR augs to bring my shield up and put the rest in defense to balance out the "preferred" stat distribution.

Standing in fleet, I have 2018 expertise and 61k health. I zone into a BG and i have 2018 (got its, the max). but my health does not change one bit. I have friends that are also in basic pvp gear, maxed expertise and are getting a 4 to 7K health boost. Its hard standing in a BG as a tank with 61K health, when every other class are running around at 70K. I Initially, I thought maybe it was because I didn't have the 2nd tier gear, but did the math and I estimate it would only give me a 3Kish boost. I can't believe that folks are running full fortitude augs, which is the only way I'd get to 70K,

Please help, what am I missing?

Thanks,!!

It's your augments... Change them to fortitude