Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

4.0 io

holmeskywalkr

Hi, it appears that IO benefits the less of 4.0 stats with an average crit quite similar to 3.0 despite the 4-7% crit gain. It's -to my knowledge- the only spec where you can't really increase alacrity beyond a certain amount because it will shift proc. To me, it seems pretty logic that Incendiary Missile and Serrated Shot benefit from 30% critical damage bonus back from Ordnance Expert. Maybe (as AP PT) a 5% bonus crit chance on Thermal Detonator also.

What do you think ?

Edited by holmeskywalkr

IO should flat out be doing more than Arsenal and right now you need a microscope to tell the difference.

But they stripped out far more damage than you know by removing buffs from the tree and as a result there is effectively no point in IO.

It is worse at so many things that I cant be bothered respeccing to it anymore. I have taken Arsenal through every HM operation since 4.0 since its good at things like AOE, Burst, Swapping while being basically the same output on one target as IO.

The reason I'd swap between them before 4.0 is that Arsenal was good at the multi-target and burst while IO was good at the single target. And by good I mean significantly better. Not the case anymore.

IO needs more single target damage to recover that identity and it really isn't important what gets buffed to do that.

IO is probably going to remain the same for the rest of 4.0. I would be surprised to see a buff to it, very surprised.

Our new passive is pretty damn terrible when you number crunch it. Would have been nice to see a 10% damage boost to Unload or Thermal Detonator. Instead we got a 10% boost to an ability that only hits for like 3.5k. (thanks for tailoring to the Zorz/Dulfy rotation btw). :(

Edited by Volcan

IO is probably going to remain the same for the rest of 4.0. I would be surprised to see a buff to it, very surprised.

Our new passive is pretty damn terrible when you number crunch it. Would have been nice to see a 10% damage boost to Unload or Thermal Detonator. Instead we got a 10% boost to an ability that only hits for like 3.5k. (thanks for tailoring to the Zorz/Dulfy rotation btw). :(

Yea, I would have liked to get instead of Mag Shot be a replacement for Rail Shot, it would have been a replacement for Power Shot. That would have probably done more for IO by making our filler have an Elemental damage portion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.