My sub runs out. Switching to preferred status. What to buy now?

Songano

Hi there,

my sub will run out in a few hours and i dont know what i need to buy before that happens. Can anyone make some suggestions please? Most of the items costs more than 350k, so i cannot aquire them as a preferred player.

Any must haves?

Thanks in advance.

Songano

Buy massive amounts of Cartel Packs off the GTN and stash them or open them and list their contents on the GTN. Or you could take the opportunity now to do any gear tweaking or augmenting or maxxing you might have difficulty doing with only a 350k credit cap later.

You could also spread your ingame credits around amongst your alts so that they each have 350k when you go Preferred, rather than having millions held in escrow while finding later some not oft-played alts were penniless.

Edited by Jarvus

i posted last month requesting clarification and advice about going for sub to preferred. You can find that info here

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=840435

there are many good ideas in there.

A particularly good one was to mail alts 350k and store it in the mailbox until the days before it expires. then pull the creds before they expire and send to another alt.

I am going to be going preferred next month and I really feel like the experience will be barely different than being a sub. I have stocked up a bunch of account unlocks to prepare.

i posted last month requesting clarification and advice about going for sub to preferred. You can find that info here

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=840435

there are many good ideas in there.

A particularly good one was to mail alts 350k and store it in the mailbox until the days before it expires. then pull the creds before they expire and send to another alt.

I am going to be going preferred next month and I really feel like the experience will be barely different than being a sub. I have stocked up a bunch of account unlocks to prepare.

Thank you very much. Going to read your thread now. See you in "happy preferred land" xD

• 2 months later...
If I go from sub to preferred status, what does that mean in terms of future KotFE chapters? I completed the first nine chapters already. I will get bumped down to preferred in March. Will I have to pay for upcoming chapters? There are only a few unlocks that I care about getting so that is not an issue. This is a second account. I have a recurring subscription on my primary account.

If I go from sub to preferred status, what does that mean in terms of future KotFE chapters? I completed the first nine chapters already. I will get bumped down to preferred in March. Will I have to pay for upcoming chapters? There are only a few unlocks that I care about getting so that is not an issue. This is a second account. I have a recurring subscription on my primary account.

You should just wait until the rest of the chapters are out, sub for one month, and play all the unlocked chapters at once, for $15.

You'll miss companion grinding during the Preferred time, but it's something.