Is Combat or Watchman easier these days for a new player?

OcTwenty

So ive been out of the game for a while now but now im back ive decided to lvl a dual wielder but since im rusty im looking to play the easier of the two specs, overall i dont want to worry about tons of keys or to many procs to watch out for. Could anybody help me out please?

So ive been out of the game for a while now but now im back ive decided to lvl a dual wielder but since im rusty im looking to play the easier of the two specs, overall i dont want to worry about tons of keys or to many procs to watch out for. Could anybody help me out please?

Combat is meant to be the easier spec.

I would agree with the general sentiment in this thread, particularly for PvE. For PvE the ceiling is higher with Watchman in most fights though (unless there is more need for target switching or more short windows to do damage, then combat is better).

Combat Spec is far easier to learn and is much more forgiving rotationally when mistakes are made and you need to recover. With that said Combat spec is the fastest played spec in the game and you have almost zero sustained damage capabilities if you're not actively engaging a target. What this means is that you have to play Combat spec fast and have to maintain that speed and damage throughout a fight to be viable. Unlike Watchman spec you have nothing doing damage for you while you're doing other things, all the damage you do is on demand and not done over time like Watchman. The Sheer fact that you do not have to micromanage 3 different DoTs makes Combat much easier in my opinion, nevermind the rotational awareness implications between the two :D