Companion outfits

boltonbrowne

Returning Player here...

So I just found my way around this new Outfit business, seems pretty nice, being able to wear your battle gear, but then use the outfit to actually appear as something else.

But.

Companions don't have this. One of the big things that's important to me is making my companions look good as well. For instance, I have a set which I have mixed and matched to look phenomenal on my Sith Warrior, but if I want Jaesa to have the same outfit, which again looks even more stunning when we're both wearing it, I don't want to have to buy duplicate copies of each piece...along with all the mods and inserts, especially as one of the items of Cosmetic gear sells for many millions of credits on the server where I am.

I'm actually rolling another Sith Warrior, as I've been away from SWTOR for several months, and I'd like to re-familiarize myself with the story. This outfit function is fantastic, as it enables me to find a lovely cosmetic set, and wear it throughout the story. All that's missing is being able to do the same for my companions.

So, Devs - just apply the same outfit function to companions, and you'll get some more cash from me.

Anyone agree?

Well, with the Outfitter you can just make yourself the look you want, while having other gear equipped for stats (but not visible on your character). And you can give the actual set you used to make the outfit, to your companion. :)

It's not perfect, but it is a work around until they add the feature for companions.

Also important to point out; stats no longer matter for companions now anyway. :o

Edited by Callaron

Companion gear is already only cosmetic. You don't need to get item mods for them, and the items in your collections can be obtained in multiple copies. You really just have to get a few more dyes and non-collections items than you would with an outfit system.

So, Devs - just apply the same outfit function to companions, and you'll get some more cash from me.
Since you weren't here when all this came up the first time around...
Hey everyone,

We think having the Outfit Designer ignore armor weight restrictions is a great idea! We are actively exploring changing this now, and I'll let you know as soon as I know anything else.

I've also seen the mention of weapons and Companions being included in the Outfit Designer. Even though it may not seem like it, adding an Outfit Designer tab for Companions would effectively be creating a new system. Due to this we won't be implementing one for 3.2, but will look into the option for a future release. Similarly, adding the ability to stamp weapons would require a lot of changes to the backend of the system that is currently in place, so it is unfortunately not feasible for a Game Update 3.2 release.

-Tait

Companion gear is 100% cosmetic now anyway.

Just dress them however you want.

Oh I see! Fantasticles.

Only problem here in reply to the person who said I can use collections, is that I never completed the collection. I would take a chestpiece here, a lower robe there, and a helmet from elsewhere. Hence, the "collection" would not unlock. I only buy what I need. If I only need Naga Sadow's Crown, I buy the crown. I don't need to spend a couple million creds on the chest, boots, gloves, belt and bracers, just because they exist.

You'd think because these items are "collectable", they would be available piece by piece as well. I dont want to have to chuck out tens of millions of credits buying a full set when I only want the boots, for instance.

Flawed system is flawed.

As for the companions, well, this is a suprise. You mean to tell me that I can equip Jaesa in nothing but empty orange gear, and she'll hit as hard as she did in previous game versions where she was fully loaded up with purple mods in all pieces of clothing?

I dont see problem with collections as they are now. You always have TWO options.

You can either buy only items you want but have to buy them for each use. Or you buy all (collect it) and unlock it for indefinitely uses. I think it is not big deal. Since most of time you want the the most expensive piece and if you buy this piece twice you can mostly buy whole set for similar price.

Edited by ShawDou

Only problem here in reply to the person who said I can use collections, is that I never completed the collection. I would take a chestpiece here, a lower robe there, and a helmet from elsewhere. Hence, the "collection" would not unlock. I only buy what I need. If I only need Naga Sadow's Crown, I buy the crown. I don't need to spend a couple million creds on the chest, boots, gloves, belt and bracers, just because they exist.

That was your mistake... many of those items are now quite expensive, the time to add them to collections was when they were new and common...

I've gone back a few times over the past year and filled in my collections "just in case", some of them have been expensive, but they would be more so now.

Since Shipment 4, I have simply started buying up almost everything from each pack a week or two after it came out, that is usually when it is all cheapest on the GTN, I bind them as a set, then destroy them.

Expensive, but I never really have to worry about how to dress a new toon, and it is only credits...

As for the companions, well, this is a suprise. You mean to tell me that I can equip Jaesa in nothing but empty orange gear, and she'll hit as hard as she did in previous game versions where she was fully loaded up with purple mods in all pieces of clothing?

If you're a returning player, the patch notes would serve you well, you also need to read up on crafting, companions, alliance, and a number of other changes. Or stumble on them, but your OP frankly wouldn't have even been made had you made even the slightest attempt to bring yourself up to speed on 4.0.

You can outfit her in nothing at all except a noddy starter planet weapon, and she'll hit as hard as she did before. (You always need a weapon for them, but gear isn't needed.)