The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gold Armor Crate

Haruen

Really needs to select from subsets and I need to be able to know what's in that subset. Bought one just to see, I figured how bad could a gold armor set be? Got a cybernetic set. So, yeah, worse than I could have thought. Won't be buying another until some kind of change is made.

Other than my own bad luck:rak_01:, it's been nice to see the refresh in the Cartel Market.

I have bought a lot of them and for every few trash sets I get I find something what does sell for around 10 million. Made 70 mil from those packs alone since they appeared. Actually my first two drops were Dathomir Shaman set and Sith recluse ones... Didn't sell them, always wanted them but wasn't willing to spend 20-30 mil on armor sets. ^^

CC-wise gold armor packs aren't worth more than 2 mil, do not pay more than 2 mil for them.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Really needs to select from subsets and I need to be able to know what's in that subset. Bought one just to see, I figured how bad could a gold armor set be? Got a cybernetic set. So, yeah, worse than I could have thought. Won't be buying another until some kind of change is made.

Other than my own bad luck:rak_01:, it's been nice to see the refresh in the Cartel Market.

I wouldn't mind getting the occasional trash set if I wasn't paying 1400cc (IIRC) a box.

They say you will get a gold set, they give you a gold set. That is the "subset". Armors that were gold tier as opposed to silver or bronze tier.

Not their fault that some gold sets are not as well-liked as others.

You have to look at everything and weigh it all out. A lot of gold armor sets have been released.

Look at all of them and count how many you like and how many you do not like.

Count how many are selling for what you consider to be an acceptable amount compared to how many are not.

And then after that decide if the gamble is worth it or not.

I think that packs are really overpriced now.

A gold armor pack cost 1200 CC and this means that you pay it about 9,25 $.

It is a lot for one random armor set if it do not sell well.

Let's calculate the value:

9,25 $ / 1200 = 0,0077 $

So every CC value is less the a cent and I think this rate is too low.

Strange, people complaining, yet these armor crates are dropping so much highly sought after armor sets that they're dropping like a rock, price wise...

I'll believe that when I see something like Satele's armor set for less then 5 millions. FYI on JC the price for her entire set in a box was 15 million+ last I looked.