The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Force Awakens: My Speculations.

Fleurdelis

With the movies release being just over a month away I thought I would give my thoughts on what I think will happen. After seeing the last U.S. trailer and then the Asian trailer I feel the following to be what we will see. Please post your thoughts. I would love to read your theories as well.

1. Ren and Rey (ala Luke and Leia) are twins of Leia and Han. (How Rey ended up on the desert planet and Ren in the Empire I do not have any thoughts.)

2. I think Jakku is actually Tatooine. Either the Imps now call it Jakku as acode name, the name was changed after some great war in its space or J.J Abrams throwing people off, whatever, I think it is actually Tat.

3. I think Han dies in the film. Possibly Chewie also but definitely Han. Harrison Ford wanted to be killed off in the original trilogy. I think he is old enough now that his death would be a cruicial point in the film.

4. I think Luke makes his big appearance to try and fix things, comes out of hiding, when Han dies.

Please add more.

I think Luke makes his big appearance to try and fix things, comes out of hiding, when Han dies.

Agree here.

If it wasn't for Ford's age, I could see him being in a few more, but this would be a good send off. All good guys should go out with guns blazing.

Regarding Luke, I can certainly see something like that happening. My guess is that Luke is the person behind that mask and might still be fighting some inner demons until he sees Solo perish. Then once again, like before, he'll have decisions to make.

This one concerns Finn. And he is who I thought he was.

Whenever a sequel comes out that’s set a few decades after another movie in the franchise, the obvious question to ask is: ‘Are any of the new characters related to characters we’ve seen before?’ Such is the case with Star Wars: The Force Awakens, with rumors and speculation flying thick and fast that Rey (Daisy Ridley) could be a new member of the Skywalker family.

This kind of buzz is obviously good for publicity, so Disney has stayed tight-lipped on the matter of Rey’s parentage, as well as the question of whether any of the other new young characters – including pilot Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) and villain Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) – are related to characters that we’ve seen before. As merchandise for Star Wars: The Force Awakens goes on sale, however, fans have been keeping a close eye on it for potential reveals, and now they may have found one.

SuperBroMovies was the first to spot an Amazon listing for a Star Wars: The Force Awakens 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle in a collectible tin. That in itself isn’t the exciting part (unless you really like jigsaw puzzles), but the image on the puzzle is of Finn (John Boyega) and the listing explicitly describes him as Lando Calrissian’s son. Lando, of course, was the former owner of the Millennium Falcon: a suave gambler and smuggler who eventually joined the Rebel Alliance. Calrissian was played by Billy Dee Williams, who has hinted that he may make an appearance in the new slate of Star Wars movies.

It’s worth noting that although the product is credited to Disney Lucas Films Ltd. (which, written that way, isn’t a real company), it was listed by P & E Enterprises and Amazon product descriptions are written by the seller. While it’s possible that the seller had some kind of insight into Finn’s backstory, and it wouldn’t be the first time that merchandise has revealed details about Star Wars characters, it’s equally possible that the seller got the information wrong or simply assumed that Finn was Lando Calrissian’s son because they share the same skin color. Jason Ward of Making Star Wars says that he has seen the puzzle in real life, and it gives no indication that Finn is Lando’s son.

We have contacted the seller asking for clarification, and will update if there is a response.

So just as I thought, Finn is Lando's son.

Agree here.

If it wasn't for Ford's age, I could see him being in a few more, but this would be a good send off. All good guys should go out with guns blazing.

Regarding Luke, I can certainly see something like that happening. My guess is that Luke is the person behind that mask and might still be fighting some inner demons until he sees Solo perish. Then once again, like before, he'll have decisions to make.

If you're talking about Kylo Ren luke isn't Kylo Ren. Kylo Ren is played by Adam Driver. We know he isn't Luke.