Recommendation for PvE mainland.

RobTWC

So it's a quick one, I'm looking for advice on what hilt, mod and enhancement to run in my mainhaind in PvE.

I only need it to be a 208 or 216 rated because I mainly PvP but lately have gotten right into the Alliance content so I'm only running weekly heroics and star fortress stuff, no plans for ops.

I'm aiming for 216 gear and just short of the boots for the full armour set but obviously can't buy a mainhaind.

I'll be going for whichever is cheapest on gtn but have no idea what to go for.

Anyone got quick suggestions? Thanks.

There's the option of advanced force weilder or resolve hilts, which is the preferred?

Will extracting sent offhand work cause is the hilt not bound to offhand slot only and can't be used in a mainhaind slot? The same as an armour mod from bracers won't fit into a chest piece for example? I could be wrong which is why I'm asking 😀

It works for 208. For 216/220 you need to get op drops or the expensive crafted ones from GTN.

Yeap I understand where or how to obtain them, what I would like to know is the names of the preferred hilts, mods and enhancement you guys go for? There's alota choice when it comes to the mods and enhancements.

Is it as simple as buying a focus from vendor, using those mods and enhancements and then buying a hilt on gtn?

Or should the mods and enhancements in my mainhaind be different from my offhand?

Yeap I understand where or how to obtain them, what I would like to know is the names of the preferred hilts, mods and enhancement you guys go for? There's alota choice when it comes to the mods and enhancements.

Is it as simple as buying a focus from vendor, using those mods and enhancements and then buying a hilt on gtn?

Or should the mods and enhancements in my mainhaind be different from my offhand?

Same stat set up as you do in PvP.

I'm not exactly sure on the names of the items, but it's basically just a straight up swap from crystal / ops gear to whatever gear you're modding, so for example, you buy a 216 chest piece, it has a crit enhancement in it, just put that straight over, then the head piece has an alacrity enhancement, same thing, put that into your head piece. The saber uses a crit enhancement, the hilt and mods should be exactly the same was what you're using in all your other pieces, only the enhancements will vary piece to piece. If you're not moving them straight over from one to the other, then the general rule is for enhancements + augments: 14 crit (I do 4 enhancements, 8 augments and 2 crystals), 8 alacrity (I do 2 enhancements and 6 augments) and 4 accuracy (I use 4 enhancements). Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I hope it helps.

*EDIT* I'm Lightning specced by the way, so it may be a different set up for Madness, I'm not sure. And I know healing will need more alacrity than I listed, they drop some of the crits for more alacrity. I have no idea on Assassin builds, but I assume it's generally the same for all specs as far as just taking the mods out one type and putting them into that same type of item.

Edited by Kilvarough