Shroud's Encrypted Datacubes

Lamonte

I just got one of these out of a grand toy pack. It's purple con with what looks like the gold emblem. From what i've read, it's just a quest to watch a shroud video on nar shaddaa and rewards choice of Major Experience Boost, Major Valor Boost or Credit Boom.... Was this item changed at all? Why is something lame like this a gold item?

I just got one of these out of a grand toy pack. It's purple con with what looks like the gold emblem. From what i've read, it's just a quest to watch a shroud video on nar shaddaa and rewards choice of Major Experience Boost, Major Valor Boost or Credit Boom.... Was this item changed at all? Why is something lame like this a gold item?

While the datcube is in itself not that grand, getting all of them grants you a set of gear that can only be obtained through this method.

And the gear set is in collections so you can account unlock it.

IIRC they took those datacubes out didn't they, because of complaining about buying quests. I'm surprised they can be found in the new grand packs. I always thought they were kind of neat, and rad that you could get a set of gear if you did them all. Was it a bronze toy pack? I may try to finish my collection.

Found and old 55 page rant post on the shroud's encrypted datacubes, with bioware responding

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

Our plan with the Encrypted Datacubes was simply to see if packs would be another avenue of getting story content in the game. It will always be the Cartel Market teams goal to look for new and interesting things to add into the Cartel Market which are not gameplay impacting (avoiding pay-to-win, etc.). With that being said, we have heard your feedback loud and clear on this and we have no plans to place the Datacubes in the Cartel Market in the future.

Thanks!

-eric

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there was so much hate generated by these items, why would they still have this in the grand toy pack? Not to mention its all old story that anyone can watch on youtube.