The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BH tanks..you using unload?

Nafre

I use it. My ability priority is something like this:

Shoulder Slam (because it's free)

Rocket Punch (to get it back on cooldown)

Rail Shot (to get it back on cooldown)

Flamethrower (very efficient heat/damage)

Unload (still more efficient than flame burst)

Flame Burst (if at max heat regen)

Rapid Shots

i think that's exactly what i do, too. at 42, atm.

i use heat blast as a filler as well, (especially if i somehow make myself get high on heat).

I always use Unload whenever I can, as it is one of our highest damaging abilities. Regardless of whether or not tanking is melee-dependent, Unload is still useful in melee range. It is especially good for quickly knocking off weaker enemies before you close the gap with Grapple or Jet Charge.

Missile Blast is good for positioning and knocking wander enemies back into the pack so Explosive Dart hits all of the mobs in a group.

Overall I use many of the abilities available to me by finding unique ways to make them useful. I do think, however, that Bioware needs to take a page from RIFT's book and make reactive abilities appear when available, so we don't need to have them on our hotbar. This would free up space by eliminating Rail Shot and Shoulder Rush.

I'm a shieldtech as well, and Unload for me is a good attack to avoid overheating most of the time, and I often use it for those ranged mobs that I can't get to easily, to at least draw their attention. In PVP it's very nice, though, Ion Gas Cartridge makes sure of that.

I'm a shieldtech as well, and Unload for me is a good attack to avoid overheating most of the time, and I often use it for those ranged mobs that I can't get to easily, to at least draw their attention. In PVP it's very nice, though, Ion Gas Cartridge makes sure of that.

Yeah thats an important one. Unload almost forces you to manage your heat well when you use it. With Ion Cylinder it is pretty efficient damage and threat as well.

It's on my bars and I use it, but mostly for that one mob in every pack that wont come over. You know, after I already grappled the OTHER jerk that wont come over either.

Even missing a tick it's enough threat to keep them off the healer and let him plink away at you until your DPS melt him.