Summon Companion Function

Xinjadu

Feature Request:

Please, please put the "summon this crew member" button back onto the crew skills window. If you summon a companions from the Companions and Contacts window you run the risk of interrupting a crew skill in potentially lengthy progress. It is asinine, since these functions are so interwoven. Best thing to do is to allow us to summon a companion from either window. That way you do not ave to check the crew skills window to first see who is available, then switch to the other window just to summon them.

Removing the button altogether was a hugely counterintuitive move - sometimes I swear the devs do not actually play the game.

While i agree with your suggestion, I would like to pose a slightly different suggestion:

The number of companions in the crew skills window is asinine; when you can only send six and you have 10 or more it becomes difficult to see how many are working crew skills.

An option to pick and choose which companions are in the crew skills window would be a godsend. Using the contacts window, let us choose six companions that will help us with crew skills. Those six companions could then be marked in the contacts window and the risk of interrupting a crew skill mission would be minimal; just never summon a companion linked to crew skills.

While i agree with your suggestion, I would like to pose a slightly different suggestion:

The number of companions in the crew skills window is asinine; when you can only send six and you have 10 or more it becomes difficult to see how many are working crew skills.

An option to pick and choose which companions are in the crew skills window would be a godsend. Using the contacts window, let us choose six companions that will help us with crew skills. Those six companions could then be marked in the contacts window and the risk of interrupting a crew skill mission would be minimal; just never summon a companion linked to crew skills.

OMG something to sort or filter the list of companions under crafting would be a godsend, as would displaying the actual influence level in the crafting UI to keep form having to open multiple UI panels to see which companions have the highest influence.

actually, I sort of found it to be useful in running my 5th char thru kotfe.

was able to craft with treek, HK51 and nico throughout chapter 1 while they were otherwise "unavailable", and then again during other parts of the story.

Gotta craft....

While they are at it, how about allowing the trade skill window to remember your preferences? Opening, say, on level and in the category you were in last... all would go to making this so much more user friendly.

I would incorporate one of the suggestions here, yes, show influence level on the crafting screen, but not necessarily allow anyone to pick which companion we see there, I think this does not add all that much.

The essential thing is this: we need an interface for crafting in which we can see at a glance:

1. Which companion is best to use.

2. Which companion is free to use.

3. What is currently under production.

That would be the ideal and obvious crafting screen.... since the changes we only have #3. Previously we had all three (because you already knew which toon was good for what - as they skills were unique to them one tended to focus on the companions that suites your crew skill choices).

I would like to be able to drag a companion icon to my hot bar like we can with crew skills, this way i can drop my 2 favorite comps on my bars for combat/gifts with out having to open a window and scroll down the list to find the one and THEN hope i don't get the bugged clicky when i have X companion out but when i click the clicky to summon Y companion i get the stupid send it out to sell pop up.

While they are at it, how about allowing the trade skill window to remember your preferences? Opening, say, on level and in the category you were in last... all would go to making this so much more user friendly.

Sweet lord, this.

Also remember what criteria we sort by in the craftables list. I always sort by rating... 60 times a day.