The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I think I'm done.

kimurakimako

I came from many games before but I left those games for reasons. I left WoW because of Strongholds... too many required missions made it into a job not a game. I left elder scrolls online because you had to play through all three factions and it got boring doing the same damn quests over and over. Most games have something to offer and things I do not like but usually a game I stay in is one that has more likes than dislikes obviously.

Like:

Liked the new story.

Dislike:

Dislike the forcing of old content... the same old PVE content over and over.

Like:

The majority of changes made to the classes.

Dislike:

PVP now.. and I'm a pvpr. I hate pve with a passion. Because I don't cheat.

Dislike:

Forced to do PVE missions to gain boxes to gain faction to gain more pets to gain more boxes to gain more factions.

Dislike:

Having a billion companions that just sit there. If they just sit there they are worthless. I cannot use them to craft, worthless. Can only use 1 to fight with, semi-worthless.. 6 for crafting meh cool.

Dislike:

I dislike having to devote too much time to gaming,,, its for fun not for work.

Dislike:

The requirement for strategic resources in crafting because it creates another grind... when see above grind has been made mandatory which doesn't count towards conquest which is required for 1 count them 1 I said 1 piece of crafting material you need to make a purple. And conquest is do-able only once count them once I said once per week. So 1 purple a week. Bad job. I pvp but I craft too.

Like:

My guild.

Dislike:

The inability to give non-guildmembers a key to a guild stronghold or flagship because maybe we just wanna hang out in a cool mobile star destroyer without grouping.

Like:

Guild Conquest objectives. I get something out of it. I can see the Flagship, I can decorate the Flagship and stronghold with Conquest and PVP and I get rewards in line with my play-style. In fact you can do both PVP and PVE and get rewarded for it handsomely. Its nice and you get to compete against other guilds in a friendly ladder climb point scale. Good to go.

Dislike:

The Dumbing down of missions. I have no reason to group now I can even solo the Star Fortress mission. I do not raid or do Flashpoints unless there is a decoration in it I need for my Stronghold so why do I need to group.

Dislike:

Dailies. But if I need money I will tolerate them. Thankfully you effed up crafting so I no longer need that much money.

Dislike:

Waste of time missions. But that has always been a problem with mmorpg games go here kill this come back go back there pick up this you probably should have got the first time.

Dislike:

Blind, deaf and reactionless mobs. Oh look Bob is getting killed 10 feet from us... damn Bob. Oh well its all good if we don't help Bob... what could happen. Very few games can master this... mob AI is a waste of time to most developers.

Dislike:

Level and power disparity in pvp. DAoC did it best for pvp. WoW only copied them and poorly at that. Lowbies get picked on even with bolster which is because there are no tiers to allow the lowbies to learn pvp at a comfortable pace. Throw the lowbies/newbies into a meat grinder and all you get normally is ground meat. Not good for player retention. Even WoW knew that which is why their pvp is tiered.

Like:

Lowering the power level of players to the planet. Still not enough though the other day on Tat I annihilated 3 players and 2 pets with just me and my pet because I had full pvp gear on and they were lowbies. If we had been bolstered/exemplared to the same gear level they would have owned me. Skill or no in pvp it comes down to numbers and mass numbers win.

Dislike:

Expertise stat. It is and has always been a wasted stat. You give players more defense and more power and then think that does anything else other than make them bullies in open world pvp. Shadowbane had the most open world pvp and they never once had to worry about expertise. Why... because its fluff. If everyone had on 204/208/216/220 gear they would be just fine in pvp if no one had expertise. Fights would last just as long and be just as fruitful. In fact DAOC and SB had wars... you barely have skirmishes that should tell you something.

Dislike:

The removal of character customization. SWG, and WoW learned the hard way. This was bad.

Like:

It was Star Wars. But its not my Star Wars now. Like SWG there comes a time to go.

In recap. You made WoW strongholds and ESOs factions and put them into the same game... at the same time. While those two games were reeling from the backlash of that very same mistake. You probably should have copied Wotlk expansion for WoW it had the highest retension and playability. Ah well.maybe the next generation of Star Wars fans will breathe new short lived life into you. On a better note... its not you SWTOR its me. I have a taste for a game that is a game, an MMORPG, not a grinding 2nd job. So with love I bid you farewell.

Inix

In recap. You made WoW strongholds and ESOs factions and put them into the same game... at the same time. While those two games were reeling from the backlash of that very same mistake. You probably should have copied Wotlk expansion for WoW it had the highest retension and playability. Ah well.maybe the next generation of Star Wars fans will breathe new short lived life into you. On a better note... its not you SWTOR its me. I have a taste for a game that is a game, an MMORPG, not a grinding 2nd job. So with love I bid you farewell.

Inix

Stongholds were in SWTOR before Garrisons in WOW - I don't see what they were copying from WOW here - I don't see any ESO factions either.

There is not a MMORPG that can avoid turning into a grinding 2nd job. If you don't want it as a 2nd job- then don't make it a 2nd job. Play a little bit here and there and don't devote as much time into the game.

SWTOR does great when it focuses on Story - not one other MMO out there can come close when SWTOR is on their game - however when they try and play like the other kids, that's when they stop shining and become dull.

Good luck in your quest to find a non-grindy MMO though

• 2 weeks later...
Stongholds were in SWTOR before Garrisons in WOW - I don't see what they were copying from WOW here - I don't see any ESO factions either.

There is not a MMORPG that can avoid turning into a grinding 2nd job. If you don't want it as a 2nd job- then don't make it a 2nd job. Play a little bit here and there and don't devote as much time into the game.

SWTOR does great when it focuses on Story - not one other MMO out there can come close when SWTOR is on their game - however when they try and play like the other kids, that's when they stop shining and become dull.

Good luck in your quest to find a non-grindy MMO though

I want to know how TOR is doing anything ESO is doing?

I also played ESO and there's nothing remotely the same about the two games. Outside you have a chat and can play with others. Mechanics are the totally different and ESO factions are 3 races each and have people who were enemies with each other working together. Very odd. Orcs don't like Bretons or Redquards, but they're in a faction together.

That's not happening in TOR, so stop trying to imply it is, it isn't.

EDIT: This is really a reply to the OP

Edited by tattoohero

Dislike:

Level and power disparity in pvp. DAoC did it best for pvp. WoW only copied them and poorly at that. Lowbies get picked on even with bolster which is because there are no tiers to allow the lowbies to learn pvp at a comfortable pace. Throw the lowbies/newbies into a meat grinder and all you get normally is ground meat. Not good for player retention. Even WoW knew that which is why their pvp is tiered.

I agree with many of your points and disagree with others. This one got my attention though.

DAOC didn't have "pvp" in the sense all current games think of it, it had realm vs realm for the most part. I intensely dislike pvp in this game and most others. Loved it in DAOC though.