PC (Player Character) Decorations Ideas [DEV Team LOOK]

Maj-Odo

Over the course of playing Swtor and devoting a big portion of my playtime with Strongholds as well as decorations, I have a couple ideas for new decorations for SWTOR, specifically for PC (player characters).

Since the release of Strongholds, we are all aware of the Decorations: Companions. With Companion decorations, you as the player can place Decorations of Khem Val, Scorpio, Xalek, Vette, etc. in your stronghold and the looks of those said companions change depending on the characters you enter the stronghold in, such as your Sith Assassin's Xalek might be wearing one look that differs from the Xalek of your Sith Sorcerer. The point I am trying to draw out is the Decoration Adaptiveness of the Companion Decorations. With the idea of Decoration Adaptiveness, we can open a new door to Decorations in Strongholds:

PC Statues.

The idea here is to have a decoration that adapts to the appearance of the PC (ie. the owner of said stronghold) that enters into the stronghold, or is online at the moment. Details of the statues can mirror the art styles of the Commemorative Statues that was already have.

Default Poses for PC Statues.

Poses are big for the Commemorative Statues that we already have, so it should be big for our PC Statues. Here are some ideas for poses attributed to classes. The Sith Inquisitor PC Statue can have the pose of the Force Storm animation, since the ability itself is exclusive to the class and you know the PC is a Sith Inquisitor from just looking at the pose. The Sith Warrior PC statue can have the pose of the Force Choke. The Agent can have his weapon drawn out, as well as the Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, and Trooper. The Jedi Knight could have its lightsaber drawn and ready for battle, and the Jedi Consular can be in a meditating pose.

PC Adaptiveness for Guild HQ (Stronghold):

With PC Statue adaptiveness, it'll be assumed that the PC Statue will adapt to the individual holding the Gold Key to the Stronghold, ie. The GM only.

Inspiration of the idea:

Awhile speaking with guildies in Teamspeak, we all were talking how cool it would be to have decorations of our characters, more specifically, large statues. The idea came round and the idea became more and more ironed out.

Shout out to DEV Team:

Please make this happen! Even if you decide to make this a limited time offer decoration, I am sure the Strongholds community would enjoy something like this.

Inspiration of the idea:

Awhile speaking with guildies in Teamspeak, we all were talking how cool it would be to have decorations of our characters, more specifically, large statues. The idea came round and the idea became more and more ironed out.

Shout out to DEV Team:

Please make this happen! Even if you decide to make this a limited time offer decoration, I am sure the Strongholds community would enjoy something like this.

Given how you've described it, I'd suggest that the amount of programming necessary would mean it wouldn't be a limited time offer - the code for the feature can't be removed without breaking all the statues that people bought, so the feature has to remain in the game, and I can't see them removing access this feature...

Now for a small clarification: if I go into your stronghold when you are not in there, who do I see a statue of? Is it your character who is logged in? Is it me? Or is it the character who is marked as "owner" in the "U" panel?

If your character who is featured in the statue is on-line and changes his gear, I think that people who are visiting at that moment should not see a change in the statue. (This is a programming simplification thing: when a visitor enters, the current appearance is captured, then kept until the visitor leaves. There is a remaining question over whether each visitor sees a different version, captured as he entered, or whether they all see the same version...)

The final observation... My first thought was that this is the height of egotism, erecting a statue to yourself. This remains true, but the marketing spiel given by the holostatues makes it clear that one reason they exist is for the PC to vaunt himself, to show off how great he is. What better way than to have a statue of yourself?

Given how you've described it, I'd suggest that the amount of programming necessary would mean it wouldn't be a limited time offer - the code for the feature can't be removed without breaking all the statues that people bought, so the feature has to remain in the game, and I can't see them removing access this feature...

Now for a small clarification: if I go into your stronghold when you are not in there, who do I see a statue of? Is it your character who is logged in? Is it me? Or is it the character who is marked as "owner" in the "U" panel?

Good question. The Character Logged in or the Character that shows up as the 'owner' in the 'U' panel, whichever is logged in at the time. If logged off, the default statue will be that of the 'owner' that shows up in the 'U' panel.

If your character who is featured in the statue is on-line and changes his gear, I think that people who are visiting at that moment should not see a change in the statue. (This is a programming simplification thing: when a visitor enters, the current appearance is captured, then kept until the visitor leaves. There is a remaining question over whether each visitor sees a different version, captured as he entered, or whether they all see the same version...)

The gear will change when the visitor leaves the instance and returns again. I know it will be complicated to have the statue's gear and appearance change in the same visit, so leaving and coming back in will have to do.

The final observation... My first thought was that this is the height of egotism, erecting a statue to yourself. This remains true, but the marketing spiel given by the holostatues makes it clear that one reason they exist is for the PC to vaunt himself, to show off how great he is. What better way than to have a statue of yourself?

In part of truth, yes, this has a hint of egotism in the idea; but the egotism can make sales. That being said, I think holostatues are on a timer before getting re-used again (if we are talking about the Toy items of holostatues). I will be content with a holostatue decoration, maybe something like a hologram of your character being displayed from a device on the floor or wall.