Returning Player - Black Hole and Section X Starting Quests Removed?

Calix

So I've come back to the game for the first time since 2011 and I'm trying to sort out these questlines before I begin on any expansion content, however I am unable to locate either of the supposed starting NPCs on the fleet.

I couldn't find anything in the patch notes referencing their removal, and none of the mission terminals I've used have provided any direction. I don't suppose anyone out there has either located these NPCs if they've been moved, or is otherwise aware of what might have happened with these quests?

So I've come back to the game for the first time since 2011 and I'm trying to sort out these questlines before I begin on any expansion content, however I am unable to locate either of the supposed starting NPCs on the fleet.

I couldn't find anything in the patch notes referencing their removal, and none of the mission terminals I've used have provided any direction. I don't suppose anyone out there has either located these NPCs if they've been moved, or is otherwise aware of what might have happened with these quests?

Believe I read they were removed cause not enough were using them or something. :( So they are gone as far as I know. And welcome back :)

Welcome back :)

I've always just used my docking bay on Fleet to go there and did not know there was a quest chain to lead me there. When they came out though I never had a character high enough to check them out so I probably just missed them.

Bummer :(

How crucial are these areas to understanding the rest of the story going into Makeb and SoR? I noticed some NPCs talking about losing Corellia - which doesn't add up with how the original planet story unfolded. And Belsavis is of course where all the Dread Master stuff starts, I thought Horror on Belsavis was a huge chunk of getting through the initial story for them before moving on to the operations and Oricon?

For all this 'renewed story focus' they sure are good at chopping it up and making it completely nonsensical for new and returning players. :mad:

OP ...

This is just my take on it.

There are so many quest givers at fleet that I probably couldn't tell you what any of them are for. Many of them are not obvious what quest line they start. These two were just two more in a sea of quest givers. And to be honest, with so many quest starter shortcuts in the game (group finder, priority terminal, pvp links on mini map, etc.) that players stopped using the old defaults.

I use to even argue that we needed priority terminals for the strongholds and guild ships because that was about the only reason I had to even go to fleet as a 60. And it annoyed me to travel to fleet for 20 seconds just to interact with a terminal.

I am unable to locate either of the supposed starting NPCs on the fleet.

Those quest givers were basically only there to point you in the right direction. You can still go to Section X and Black Hole to do the dailies. (Unless they removed the entire areas under KoFE)

To get to Section X - take the section X option from the Belsavis orbital station's shuttle. (Or buy the Legacy quick travel perk)

For the Black Hole, there is a Shuttle near the start of Corellia that takes you there. (Or buy the Legacy quick travel perk)

Disclaimer - I haven't actually gone to either place since KoFE.

Edited by JediQuaker

You are not missing anything by not having the quest givers. They just gave you a mission to travel to the planet and use the priority terminal to get to the area. It was a waste of time since the terminals take you straight there.

For the Imperial faction...

What's missing is the entire set-up (or sugar-coating, if you prefer). The convo I recall having on the fleet, and the talk had on visiting the area (with General Konya, IIRC) provided context and I don't mind admitting that I miss it! Talking to Konya now to pick up the heroic is jarring, as it relies to a small extent on the convo players are presumed to have already had (again, with Konya herself I think).

Edited by Jerem-Gol
added first line.