[Need Help] Launch issue

fixerbounty

When I start up swtor everything works to the point where I can actually press the play button

-After i hit play my screen flashes black and changes my resolution to about 2/3 of my actual screen and swtor doesnt launch it just keeps my screen in this resolution until i close the program

-what i see after i hit play: http://prntscr.com/8xhuni

-I have updated my graphics drivers and my direct x version

-I've completely re-installed the game

-I've even tried changing the client_defaults file to fix my resolution and set the fullscreen option to false, but it clearly gets overrided when launched

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would love to get back into swtor:(

:update: Optimizing with Raptr did nothing, hoping anyone has suggestions

Edited by fixerbounty

When I start up swtor everything works to the point where I can actually press the play button

-After i hit play my screen flashes black and changes my resolution to about 2/3 of my actual screen and swtor doesnt launch it just keeps my screen in this resolution until i close the program

-what i see after i hit play: http://prntscr.com/8xhuni

-I have updated my graphics drivers and my direct x version

-I've completely re-installed the game

-I've even tried changing the client_defaults file to fix my resolution and set the fullscreen option to false, but it clearly gets overrided when launched

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would love to get back into swtor:(

Perhaps try changing your graphics settings from the game?

I FIGURED IT OUT! I used Nvidia Geforce Experiance to optimize the game for me. It was looking good, than it went all pink at the char select. Than i closed swtor and went back to manual optimize and put it window full screen, it works like a charm. only 52% downloaded on my second download lol.

All those people saying to uninstall windows 10 are windows 10 haters. I was there too, until i gave it a try. You cant stay at windows 7 forever. Also, it would not let me download the direct x 9c. It said something about incompatibility.

I used the game to back to full screen and it worked. But i play in window screen anyways. it is better w/ multiple monitors. Id imagine it would do the same thing for raptr too.

Edited by bheta

I FIGURED IT OUT! I used Nvidia Geforce Experiance to optimize the game for me. It was looking good, than it went all pink at the char select. Than i closed swtor and went back to manual optimize and put it window full screen, it works like a charm. only 52% downloaded on my second download lol.

All those people saying to uninstall windows 10 are windows 10 haters. I was there too, until i gave it a try. You cant stay at windows 7 forever. Also, it would not let me download the direct x 9c. It said something about incompatibility.

I used the game to back to full screen and it worked. But i play in window screen anyways. it is better w/ multiple monitors. Id imagine it would do the same thing for raptr too.

Awesome, I'll try out the same thing with raptr and post if it worked so anyone else who is having the problem gets more info!