Under-leveled people complaining about difficulty...

Nakoto

This game is so *%ing easy as a Bounty Hunter that I've actually started using modded social clothes (the dancer outfit) instead of my heavy armor to give myself a challenge

(Spoilers: it's still *($ing easy)

The game isnt hard, but the bounty hunter is OP, not a good example.

I think that overall, the difficulty is pretty much spot on. Empire actually seems slightly harder in some situations, like the Balmorra end bosses on Empire side really gave me a hard time, where I had little trouble dealing with the Taris end bosses on Republic side. And those two planets are comparable progress-wise.

Still, overall it's very managable, but if you skip every single sidequest, you're going to be pretty low-leveled for your class-arc at some point. And since you're focussing on the class-arc, you'd probably be skipping the Bonus Series which half the planets have as well, meaning you miss out on some pretty awesome gear as well! So if you focus exclusively on your class-arc, you'll end up under-leveled and VERY MUCH undergeared!

The majority of your experience should come from finishing missions. Doing missions simply is the fastest way to gain experience, and while your class-arc is way more rewarding with it, that doesn't mean you should ignore the world arcs. They're worth it: so do them.

And I don't know how other people play their game, but generally, when I just grab every mission I see, it'll generally put me on the same path as my class arc. You're probably already doing half of those tasks along the way, but just don't get rewarded for them because you didn't pick up the related missions. Foolish, silly and stupid.

On overeveled/underleveled, I don't think this is the issue some people are having. If you just play through the quests you won't be underleveled, going by the quest levels in the quest log, or at times you ma be slightly underleveled by a half level or so if you haven't done bonus quests and so on. I just think some classes are having a harder time in class quests than others. Certainly some classes have a smaller margin of error than others. I don't think this should be changed, however -- it's good that some classes are a bit more challenging than others, and I think most games are this way, really.

No we are the casuals the new normal to MMOs. You are an minority what you think is right and should be is no longer being catered too. Without a doubt things will be scaled down to cater to the casuals. If Bioware will not do it EA will force their hand. This move is inevitable to stay on top of World of Warcraft.

your response to his post made no sense, it seems you arent casual, just stupid

How can you be underleveled in this game? I understand it could happen, but it must be difficult.

If you follow all the missions, do a little side PvP/Space Missions and all the Bonuses, you will always find yourself overleveled for the planet you are on.

Jono

I think it's that people are avoiding non-class missions and bonus missions.

Personally I love challenge a bit.

But I have to agree the game does get bit harder when you level on. With first 10 levels there is no chance getting left too much behind what comes to level and gear.

And yes having two or more extra levels seems to make any quests child play.

But below the level or same level they can pretty tough to some Advanced Classes.

I many times see 3-5 levels higher players doing quests and instances so I don't wonder if many think game is easy.

well, for some of us, only exciting thing about questing are class quests.

currently im on voss leveling only through warzones so i can complete my class quest and move on. i have no other interest there. dont get me wrong i do enjoy the game however i do thing they should have made more class quests and less sidequests. main problem are quests that send you kill like 40 *********** jawas and reward you with what? 3%xp GG

also quests on some planets ,example belsavis , seem like a one huge mess. feels very unorganized.

edit: Qesh was the best in terms of quest arrangement. 1 quest hub finished>move to the next one.

Edited by zehscion

I've only hit a few solo quest where I thought the difficulty was not properly set. I found that altering my tactics enabled me to prevail. Kids who think all they have to do is spam 1 2 3 4 will probably have a problem doing that. And, as others have already said, failing to actually level by playing the game is a mistake. For the group quests, try finding a group.

The game is not hard, parts of the game are challenging.

For reference, the "latest" I've arrived at a new planet is 2 levels earlier than I was meant to, in some cases 3, due to skipping quests I didn't want to do (most of them :p )

This means I've been at a constant 3 levels or so under mobs, including silver and golds, throughout my class quests. It has meant it's been challenging, completely unlike certain easy MMOs. Part of that challenge is being underlevelled, part is because they're probably reasonably challenging anyway.

People who don't want a challenge aren't gamers. If it was super easy, it would instead be everyone crying "this game is too eeeeeeeeeeeasy". I'm glad there is a moderate amount of challenge, it's not frequent, and some of mine at least is self imposed, but the fact that challenge can exist is a fantastic thing.

LOL, I know what you mean.. one time, someone complaining (on general chat) about constantly dying during his main mission quest, turns out he was doing a lvl 15 quest at lvl 10. In fact, not even sure how he managed to get off starter planet that quickly!

The only time I had problem soling my main quest was this -optional- boss on Taris. He was off to the side, with 18k HP, and I had to call in a friend to help me with it (after I got trounced) but said boss is totally skip-able..

I've seen a few cases which are considerably tough. as a Sith Assassin, I even needed help to do the quest to get my legacy and I was of level and hell I was geared up pretty good too. In the case I met? I was forced to use a companion I did not gear up.

Now explain that. Am I going to waste my creds on gearing him? Hell no, I don't like him

enough. Should I be wasting credits on him? Again, no, MMOs should not be forcing

such. But am I complaining? Not really. I got help, I did it, that's it. All I'm saying is

some people can think it's difficult, not everyone is an experienced player. They can

be underlevelled. Once again, everyone chooses how they want to play, and if I am

not wrong, the quest instance = your level, for class quests at least. I MAY BE WRONG.

But either way, those who have concern I believe should not be just dissed off like that.

Unless someone specifically cleared all missions on all classes and give a viable view

on this, I think our perspective on this matter is still a little too narrow to judge on

others. Maybe changes can come, maybe not, personally my only concern now is

class quests that are broken lol. I had a quest where the marker did not show me where

to go! That must be fixed >:o!

The game is fine, people just need to understand there class is all.

I play a Imperial sorc. (I know, everyone and there mother does) But I play as a heal spec. It's a fun challenge having lower dps. But I make my own gear, and I do a little side questing.

I'm currently lv 28, not crazy impressive but apparently slightly above the power curve. What alot of people are not doing is CREW SKILLS, I had to explain to a lv 24 last night how to use them, and that you can send of your companions to do the work. I got like 7k health now by making my own items, or having my leveling partner craft me up some items to stuff into my gear.

I hope BW keeps it the same, I stop playing WOW because it was TOO EASY. **** I played since venilla and during Wrath my guild cleared every wing in ICC within 1 week of release, got king slayer 4 days after final content release, and we did the same damn thing on Cata. I came back from a 4 month break, logged into my Prot warrior, said Hi to my guild, joined the DW raid group and downed that boss without hardly reading, or pre-planning the fight. TO EASY. Use your brain, learn your class, and it's not hard.

This aint blizzard, I hope they don't spoon feed you babies with free gear and make it so untalented players can compete with top tier players.

The only challenging solo fights I've seen so far was last class boss - Voidwolf and last Ilum quest boss which actually had 2 phases and required interrupts. Otherwise I usually soloed green heroic 2+ quests, So I feel like difficulty is really nice currently, game needs bug fixing, good UI or modding capability and macros.

Edit: I forgot I also had some overtuned Vokk planet bonus quest on part 2/4, I had to CC and kill other mob quick after I could not outheal incoming damage on my tank pet for like 4 attempts.

Edited by Elhana

iirc, I played several classes/chars to 25'ish, on either side.

Doing every story quest, heroic quest, side mission quest I could get my fingers on.

The only things I've found somewhat challenging was a 4player Heroic on Taris (Republic Side) - solely due to lack of CC of other players.

Aka - it could've been prevented

And the fact as a trooper you have to enter a zone on your own that a smuggler will enter with their companion.

You can see a jump in health there making it far more difficult to burn them down before they get you.

Then again, some classes have it indefinatly easier to solo content than others.

Taking a trooper/bounty hunter past 10, you got a 1min CD skill to instakill 1 wave.

You got strong AoE's to clear another wave every 15-20 seconds.

It allows you to kill entire groups with 1-2 skills every ~ 10-12 seconds.

As a Smuggler/IA, using cover, probes and charged shots can give you such a strong burst before going melee, that you need 1-2 hits to finish rares.

Jedi/Sith classes I feel like have a harder time as their burst isn't as strong, or their AoE is lacking at least at earlier levels. But even then they can burn through content fairly fast.

Even 4man Heroics aren't a real challenge at least up to what I have experienced, it simply requires using your characters abilities and not hitting controlled targets.

I think if you have problem with any sort of content and you aren't underleveled - take a moment to check the following:

Do I know what each of my skills does?

Do I use them properly?

Do I have potions?

Do I start fights at full health?

Do I use a companion?

Does my companion use up to date gear?

I love the class quests! I try and do them sans companion because A) I like the challenge, and it's not too difficult! and B) My companions are always too busy on crew skills (Which are awesome as well)

Don't change them please they are great! Just like the rest of the game. Cept Voidstar... I don't like that one so much.

Are you joking or are you a cheater of some sort? My Bounty Hunter at lvl 19 has been defeated well over 85 times doing doing quests. Both normal and class quests. Been skipping the Heroic's since no one was interested in group for them even when I had my LFG Tag ON.

Anyone in this game who claims to have never been defeated is either a liar or a cheater or both... :)

Are you kidding? I took a level 14 Powertech through the Black Talon instance solo, no one with me but Mako, and I finished it with no deaths.

Having a healing companion with a tank class is ridiculously OP, but in a good way.

Pro-Tip: If you want her to keep you alive, turn off all of her offense abilities and have her focus on healing. You can take down just about everything in this game if you have a good grasp on aggro management and target switching.