The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lost sub from greed

dubiellu

So I was really enjoying my time subbed for my second month, until I finally decided to spend my CC on some armor. Now RNG buying packs is a mixed bag (pun intended), but I'm okay with this type of system in a F2P game. Gotta make money somehow right? And people like to gamble.

Now what pissed me off was account wide unlocks in the collections tab. You're saying I have to RNG buy stuff I want, and then pay more to have other characters use it? As a sub? For literally hundreds upon hundreds of items in the collections tab? I could understand doing this for F2P players, but holy **** you guys will nickle and dime the **** out of anyone willing to pay a bit of money.

Well grats, you lost a sub for good. I would say make Kotor 3, but it'll be microtransactioned out the *** as well.

Well, I won't be sad to see you go. Seriously, this has been a thing since the market was introduced. Nothing new. And you pay the unlock once, and that's if you really want to have access to the item(s) on your entire account. I've got tons of things in collections, but only a select few items unlocked for my account. Because I felt it was worth it to unlock it. As a Subscriber, you get a monthly stipend of at least 500CC's (600 if you have a security key, which you can get for free, btw).

You can also try using your refer-a-friend link like mine at the bottom of my signature to try and earn more CC's to purchase said unlocks.

If they had locked the retrieval with CC's for every character, then yeah, that's a bad thing. But to have access to it anytime, anywhere, on any server, for a cost you pay ONCE (and I can't stress that enough), it's worthwhile, should you see the value in it.

Your other alternative, if you don't want to spend CC's on it, is buy multiples on the GTN for each character you want it on. Don't have to spend a dime to do it, but you'll have to put a bit more effort into the game if you want it.

You don't have to pay the Legacy Unlock if you're cool with that set just on that character and its companions - I find it a bit tough to swallow for the higher end items (400 CC or 240 CC) - but for something thats just 60 CC to unlock for all toons - why not?

Wish you luck - but yeah this is how SWTOR has done the legacy unlock ordeal. Totally worth it for something like Revan's Set with a White Lightsaber crystal. Look ****** on all my jedi/sith toons :)