Any point to being an Artificer anymore?

dragoku

I've been trying to do some research on what exactly i can make now as an artificer and the results are slim. No new color crystals, no more enhancements, etc.

the only things i feel artifice is used for now is dyes and hilts (and maybe relics but cant find source of if we can RE endgame relics). Can anyone let me know where/how i can do more than that if there is more than that?

Would be nice if they added +51 stat color gems lvl 65 to Artifice only. That way their work would be in demand again, they took away both Enhancement and Relics away from them.

That would instantly ruin the market for cartel crystals and cause a riot in the forums.

There are always purists who pay good credits for a classic single color red / green / blue crystal.

Purple and cyan are also highly requested, orange and magenta (aka pink) not so much (funny, after all the effort to get the recipes and mats pre 4.0).

Dyes are also a good steady source of income, and dyes and crystals don't need any fancy mats, so you can make them with a char you don't play much or use only for PVP.

And Artifice still has hilts and relics for the big sales, when you put more effort in getting recipes and mats.

Edited by Mubrak

That would instantly ruin the market for cartel crystals and cause a riot in the forums.

There are always purists who pay good credits for a classic single color red / green / blue crystal.

Purple and cyan are also highly requested, orange and magenta (aka pink) not so much (funny, after all the effort to get the recipes and mats pre 4.0).

Dyes are also a good steady source of income, and dyes and crystals don't need any fancy mats, so you can make them with a char you don't play much or use only for PVP.

And Artifice still has hilts and relics for the big sales, when you put more effort in getting recipes and mats.

Artifact level crystals need slicing mats... that's a fancy mat as you called it.

Artifact level crystals need slicing mats... that's a fancy mat as you called it.

I believe by "fancy mat" he means materials such as Exotic Element Equalizers, Strategic Resource Matrix and Dark Matter Catalyst. These are required for the new tiers of craftable endgame gear (excepting augments)

Those mats tend to be more rare than anything that can be obtained by running crew skills -- particularly now that high influence companions reduce mission times so much (and have a very high crit chance).

Edited by Khevar

yeah its a bit rough, i don't do OPS as their is too much elitism, you have to have your toon set up a specific way for your role or you will just be hounded and booted. i haven't really looked into the planetary conquest goals but it does seem like it requires alot of time. Time i dont have

and with no craft-able 208 it really feels like there is something missing

that means unless i have a pile of money to by the mats i cant craft anything in the 200's

they really need to add a 208 that's craft-able without any high end mats so there is a happy middle ground