Heroic FPs

Chicktopus

Yesterday I had a crack at BT Heroic on my own.

It's very easy up until it becomes downright impossible. Trash is easy, the Republic Boarding Party, similarly so.

Commander Ghulil is fine up until the enrage timer hits (and it will hit), at which point he must be kited, but otherwise no issue. GXR-7 Command Droid and Yadira Ban cannot be done solo.

This may all seem very obvious, but the point is that everything was a cakewalk up until the enrage timers on the bosses hit, at which point the difficulty 'curve' becomes more of a difficulty wall. Shouldn't the Hard mode be difficult enough without enrage timers that it cannot easily be done by one person? I don't think I should have been able to get to the end of the Flashpoint on my own. Enrage timers stopped me progressing, but at the end of the day, either the damage output of enraged bosses needs to be lowered such that the Flashpoints can be done alone, or the overall difficulty needs a significant boost, such that a group is properly warranted.

So...you want hard FPs to be done solo? There is a solo mode for you, made for people who don't like to group.

Want to try regardless? Gear up, boost your companion, use every CD you have and see if you can make it. No? No worries, it was not ment to be doable by 1 player. Yes? You earn bragging rights to call other people who want to group noobs on the fleet. :rolleyes:

Honnestly leave the Hard to those who enjoy grouping for it and do them very well.

For solo we have been more than spoiled, and we have enough to do.

Please dont ask for anything like nerf or such silliness because you can not do an instance that is not *targeted* as solo and i hope for those who love doing them that we will never be able to solo them.

Honnestly leave the Hard to those who enjoy grouping for it and do them very well.

For solo we have been more than spoiled, and we have enough to do.

Please dont ask for anything like nerf or such silliness because you can not do an instance that is not *targeted* as solo and i hope for those who love doing them that we will never be able to solo them.

*Tips fedora*

Can we have more people like you here?

Yesterday I had a crack at BT Heroic on my own.

It's very easy up until it becomes downright impossible. Trash is easy, the Republic Boarding Party, similarly so.

Commander Ghulil is fine up until the enrage timer hits (and it will hit), at which point he must be kited, but otherwise no issue. GXR-7 Command Droid and Yadira Ban cannot be done solo.

This may all seem very obvious, but the point is that everything was a cakewalk up until the enrage timers on the bosses hit, at which point the difficulty 'curve' becomes more of a difficulty wall. Shouldn't the Hard mode be difficult enough without enrage timers that it cannot easily be done by one person? I don't think I should have been able to get to the end of the Flashpoint on my own. Enrage timers stopped me progressing, but at the end of the day, either the damage output of enraged bosses needs to be lowered such that the Flashpoints can be done alone, or the overall difficulty needs a significant boost, such that a group is properly warranted.

Im all for removing enrage timers. And for achievements for doing HM FPs solo :)

It would actually make decent solo endgame without much effort for BW. Something like NiM for OPs.

Edited by Mikahrone

I'm not saying "make HMs soloable", I'm saying "make them actually hard or don't bother with them at all. Don't artificially make them group content simply by imposing what is effectively a timer for fights, use proper mechanics and properly statted enemies ".

I'm not saying "make HMs soloable", I'm saying "make them actually hard or don't bother with them at all. Don't artificially make them group content simply by imposing what is effectively a timer for fights, use proper mechanics and properly statted enemies ".

My answer is not for arguing with you but more for a reminder :

I did at some time (years ago) play different games (AC, AC2, wow, AO, Lotro, and a lot more) and was a raider for 7 days week each evening for about 5 or 6 hours (and for the funny part my husband too), and i remember those *enrage timers*

Those are only and were only part of Hard or Raid instances because to oupass those you had to use some mechanics and above all form a group with very impressive DPS, meaning that one and only player could not attempt it. This is a rush of dps to kill him before he enrage.

Of course while the boss enraged we were also often enraging because we were finding this very difficult BUT and here if i am wrong i apologize, the meaning of hard is to find into the instance a level of difficulty that only those doing those instance will face. And of course it requier a group.

Once you succeed (learning were to place, which class, how much healer, dps and of course who will be your prefered tank) then you would almost ask for more enraged.

So yes i would say again : please let those who want to face that kind of fight have it, in group --as this is aim to group-- They never complained about the enrage so let them have it for the sake of their soul *grins*.

If you need yourself some challenge, i am sur that you can find some that will not requier to enter a hard group instance.

/bow

(add : i probably make some grammar error so please accept my apologize, english is not my native langage)

Edited by Moranae

So basically, you're saying that it wasn't hard enough for you and therefore couldn't possibly be hard enough for anyone else. Seriously, you need to look around a little before you make these claims. What was easy for you does not make things easy for everyone who plays. As others have already suggested, you need to find your own challenges if everything is too easy for you.